Mythbusters proves Walter White's boobytrap works

As I remember it, Walter White took a less formal path to acquiring his.

3 Likes

That looks air-cooled to me. Vickers were water cooled, but they’re a LOT bigger.
ETA: whaddaya know, there is a water cooled variant.

1. He is a fictional character.

2. Yes, criminals don’t follow the rules.

3 Likes

Get on fleek, grampaw!

4 Likes

There’s always PanAm. Oh, wait…

1 Like

Or Eastern…

1 Like

Or, for that matter, The Only Way To Fly™

1 Like

This is not correct. An FFL must have a separate Class 3 license to deal in FFA-restricted items, but civilians may own short-barreled shotguns, short-barreled rifles, grenade launchers, vertical grips, suppressors, and fully automatic weapons, so long as the purchase is made legally with the proper tax stamp.

These stamps are SBR (Short-barreled Rifle), AOW (Any Other Weapon), Suppressor, and Full Auto variants, and all cost $200 and involve a background check from the BATFE.

Full auto weapons must have been manufactured and registered as full auto weapons in civilian ownership prior to 1986. This makes full auto weapons very expensive, as there can only ever be fewer eligible for civilian purchase.

For example, a full auto Thompson Submachine Gun runs right around $25k these days, plus the stamps and dealer fees.

But you can own one. The restrictions to police departments and military units apply to new full auto weapons.

ETA: Ninja’d 5 hrs ago by @Mister44

5 Likes

Well thanks for the details sir!

2 Likes

You bet, here’s one more thing.

SubGuns.net has classified listings for NFA-licensed full auto weapons. You can browse the ads here.

1 Like

The Mythbusters always say not to try the things they do at home. In this case? Fine by me.

1 Like

America, fuck yeah.

2 Likes

And the car that the mythbusters used turned up in an area junkyard a few months back:

Are you sure that wasn’t .38 Special?

1 Like

Different Van Zant

2 Likes

Not disputing anything you said, and not implying there weren’t… Liberties in the fictional nature of the show, but…

3 Likes

That’s some Real 'murican bacon. (Tastes of powder and sadness)

2 Likes

I realize Mythbusters long ago abandoned the conceit that they’re debunking or proving urban legends, but there’s nothing really implausible about this rig. The only unbelievable part of the scene was that the only bad guy that didn’t get instakilled by the M60 just conveniently happened to be the one that Jesse wanted to exact personal revenge on.

A “Thanks, Mr. White” might have been in order too, but y’know, kids these days.

2 Likes

inorite?

2 Likes

Spoiler: Everything works out just dandy for him.

2 Likes