Naked and famous: Swiss tourist has Disney LSD trip of a lifetime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/25/naked-and-famous-swiss-touris.html

6 Likes

Sounds like he got his money’s worth.

17 Likes

Here’s hoping he’s able to recall at least some of the experience.

4 Likes

looks at the illustration for this story, falls down an internet rathole
Gee, I didn’t know that WDC does own the rights to Oswald these days.

4 Likes

My late 20s may or may not have involved generous experimentation with psychedelics while visiting Disneyland

… go on.

9 Likes

Wow, that is newsworthy. Someone went to Disneyland Paris.

11 Likes

Lick Mr. Toad, get a wild ride.

15 Likes

WE CAN’T STOP HERE, THIS IS MOUSE COUNTRY!

8 Likes

It could have ended up worse. (But with more clothes.)

1 Like

Probably the only way one should experience Disneyland.

4 Likes

That’s where the “rappel à la loi” comes in.

2 Likes

ah yes the call of the void lsd, who hasn’t succumbed at a disneyland, funeral, or confederate battle re-enactment? let them throw the first stone

5 Likes

The good news: there’s a wikipedia page for that.

The bad news…

2 Likes

The Vandals did a song called Pirate’s Life on this exact social exercise!

I have never done acid - at Disneyland - but I do regard my body not as a temple but an amusement park. C’est la vie sur LSD.

7 Likes

To put it simply a “rappel à la loi” is just a prosecutor schooling you and reminding you what kind of punishment you could had for what you did.

3 Likes
2 Likes

As one does. Except for me it was downtown disney and I didn’t lose my clothing.

I think the most amusing part for me in thinking about this: European Employment Laws.

That guy has to go to work on Monday.

It’s also fun to visit with an Imagineer to provide some behind-the-scenes commentary. My friend doesn’t work there anymore and only worked there as an intern for a year, but even so, he provided a great commentary track. I never thought I’d enjoy a Disney park, but it’s hard not to appreciate the work that goes into meticulously designing every aspect of the experience there.

I imagine my experience was… rather different from this Swiss fellow’s, though.

1 Like