Naked woman on SF Bay Area bridge opens fire at cars (video)

Originally published at: Naked woman on SF Bay Area bridge opens fire at cars (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’ve heard of open carry, but this is ridiculous.

27 Likes

Thats Crazy Brian GIF - Thats Crazy Brian Fellow - Discover & Share GIFs

7 Likes

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

16 Likes

“Honest, officer, I thought I was playing Saints Row 2!”

I really hope this person gets some help.

6 Likes

Accusations of violence, or immediately jumping to the conclusion that someone engaging in “weird” behavior that seems violent is probably “schizo” or “bipolar” is definitely a stigma that people with mental illness endure.

19 Likes

I believe it also goes against our community standards.

13 Likes

Scary situation for all involved. Thank goodness nobody was shot or killed. I hope she is getting the help that she needs.

7 Likes

Thank goodness she had access to a gun! Could have turned into a really dangerous situation otherwise.

21 Likes

In other words, Wednesday.

…seriously tired of my SF city government’s de facto libertarian “solutions”, i.e. completely ignoring problems in the hope that the magical free market might make them all go away.

If nothing else they need to stop giving this ammo to Fox so it can get passed along to my conservative relatives.

11 Likes

That’s okay. It could have all been solved by a good yelling naked woman with a gun.

14 Likes

Bit of a stretch to assume the city government is responsible for this incident. We don’t even know if the woman was from San Francisco, the East Bay or somewhere else entirely.

9 Likes

13 Likes

It’s hot, and so she regulated herself well by removing articles of clothing. The fact that she had a gun means that she is a member of the militia.

5 Likes

You’re making a wild accusation that doesn’t even rise to the level of speculation. How is this SF Gov’s fault? They’re a local city government in the State with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation. What do they have to do with someone’s mental break?

Seems like you’ve got a narrative to push.

4 Likes

I guess I do have a narrative to push: this event we’re commenting on is emblematic of situations that I see on a daily basis - because I live in San Francisco and the Bay Area.

And when I say daily, I literally took a walk this morning and saw at least one homeless person per block. In the past 5 days I’ve seen at least 3 different people being dangers to themselves and possibly others. As well as people just trying to do the best they can with being on the street.

And I have a related agenda: this absolutely sucks and it needs to be fixed. It requires actually progressive government action.

But sure, it’s a good point that the SF City government isn’t the only government possibly at fault here. I blame all Bay Area city governments, and the overall state government, in not doing more to address this real, huge and difficult issue. They are failing both individually and in not working more together.

If it matters, I consider myself very politically progressive. I also work very hard to look at things as they are. This is me expressing myself from that perspective. Feel free to disagree as you will.

1 Like

Naked?

In the video she’s wearing some kind of translucent bubble.

14 Likes

That’s the armor of righteousness that clings to anyone who brandishes a gun.

11 Likes

Hence the phrase “I feel naked without my gun.”

10 Likes

bubble-balls

10 Likes