NASA got hacked

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/19/nasa-got-hacked.html

2 Likes

High security orgs getting hacked regularly, perpetual bomb threats, and actual mass shootings on a consistent basis; I say again, I hate this version of reality that I ended up stuck in.

SMH

21 Likes

I say, “Let’s take off and nuke the place from orbit.”

2 Likes

It was the Tralfamadorians. They have/are/will hack NASA’s personnel database to sow disinformation and prevent the galactic human diaspora.

They have/are/will infiltrate the White House kitchen staff and secretly dose President Trump with massive amounts of beta carotene which has/is/will reach a critical level in his cybernetically augmented hair follicles and implode into a singularity.

The implosion has/is/will knock us out of this worst-of-all possible timelines and we will all live happily ever after, with the exception that anyone in Trump’s germ line will be instantly transmuted into a Peruvian Fruit Bat.

So it goes.

14 Likes

Unfortunately, that isn’t a viable option, when it’s one’s own planet of origin which is problematic. (Though that would have been the logical course of action in Aliens. Too bad they didn’t listen.)

6 Likes

I bet there will be a mass mailing urging the staff to admit the moon landings were a hoax.

5 Likes

Aw, man, solving global issues is sooooo hard! :frowning: [kicks pebble]

8 Likes

Yep; even the Ra’s al Ghul “solution” is highly fucking problematic, and that one actually leaves most of the ecosystem itself intact.

7 Likes

So… Branson or Musk?

3 Likes

The space marines in Aliens did listen: they tried to take off and nuke the site from orbit, but the sneaky aliens got them before they could take off.

1 Like

I misread that as, “Barsoom or Mars”, so I’m now convinced we can blame the Therns.

4 Likes

Not when it was first suggested, they didn’t.

Many more of them had to die first, and then by the time they tried to act, it was already too late.

4 Likes

Yeah, it was more a case of, “Lets get in to orbit; this place is going to nuke itself!”

5 Likes

Ah, yes – right you are.

Who needs sneaky aliens when you have stupid greedy humans?

4 Likes

Oh yes, because space itself is so very “hospitable” to fragile carbon based life-forms such as ourselves…

:wink:

Fucking Burke, fucking Weyland-Yutani.

7 Likes

“You know, Burke, I don’t know which species is worse. You don’t see them fucking each other over a goddamn percentage.”

9 Likes

I wonder if Gary McKinnon’s list of “Non-terrestrial officers” is on the list.

2 Likes

Having watched Covenant, it all makes sense now. :smiley:

2 Likes

tumblr_pjzdohWHez1v9fn1io1_400

11 Likes
2 Likes