Former U.S. Intelligence official says the U.S. possesses craft of non-human origin

Originally published at: Former U.S. Intelligence official says the U.S. possesses craft of non-human origin | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

33 Likes

18 Likes

There’s a whole lot of acronyms I have not previously seen (AIHNPS) being tossed around up there.

11 Likes

I’ve got some more questions:

Are these alien craft only interested in military targets and if so, why would that be? And if the answer is no, why aren’t there civilians who have recovered alien technology or recorded evidence that doesn’t look like it was filmed by a potato?

In addition to questions, I have the nagging thought that our military/intelligence community is capable and willing to perpetrate internal hoaxes on its own personnel. So you could get very smart people coming forward to blow the whistle on what they were led to believe is alien tech.

23 Likes

This. My first question is. What technology / devices have we produced that would be really convenient to claim were of “unknown origin?”

11 Likes

So either this is bullshit, or it’s real but is kept secret from the President. Because there’s absolutely no way Trump could have kept this to himself.

33 Likes

the possession of unique atomic arrangements

This phrase might mean something … or it might just be gobbledigook.

I’d be rather more convinced if he just said “made of unfamiliar materials”, which I assume is what this amounts to. “unique atomic arrangements” sounds a bit too '50s sci-fi for my tastes.

20 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

27 Likes

I think the only relevant acronym is OMGWTFBBQ

16 Likes

Is there money to be made if one declares with a straight face that Bigfoot is just one avatar of a time-traveling inter-dimensional race of benevolent beings yet another being JFK? (“…are there NFTs and cryptocurrency involved?” uhm sure, why not?)

5 Likes

Very much the latter. Completely meaningless.

6 Likes

There are three possibilities here: a) Multiple highly-credentialed members of the intelligence community are consciously participating in a grift; b) multiple highly-credentialed members of the intelligence community have been taken in by a grift; c) some combination of the two.

None of the possibilities increase my confidence in the competence of the U.S. intelligence community.

Oh, Christ, it’s Leslie Kean again. :roll_eyes:

ETA: There is of course a fourth possibility that probably should be mentioned for completeness sake but surely couldn’t be true - that multiple highly-credentialed members of the intelligence community are too incompetent to recognize mundane and ordinary phenomena.

12 Likes

Extraordinary claims, extraordinary evidence, yada yada

13 Likes

This is a fantastic hot take! I could definitely see the US being like “oops we made a bad… uh… let’s blame aliens?”

5 Likes

Can Avi Loeb be far behind?

4 Likes

i think they aren’t claiming aliens, only non human. i, for one, welcome our undersea overlords. or pandas. whichever

18 Likes

Why is it always a military dude blowing the whistle and not a scientist in a white lab coat?

And they never get together to speak as a unified voice… just one person in a room backlight with voice disguised… we’ve had enough of these folks come out of the woodwork the past few years… put your notes together and come out with a joint statement… no, we get Jerry saying the aliens are blobs, Steve says they are 5th dimension energy, Lucy thinks they bang her every night…

Their CV might be impressive, having served and all that… but it doesn’t mean they can’t be batshit crazy as well.

10 Likes

Believe Me Space GIF by Tim Robinson

8 Likes