NASA released its UFO report and now has a director of UFO research

Originally published at: NASA released its UFO report and now has a director of UFO research | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I have a hard time even thinking of NASA engaging in such a waste of time.

The videos released by the Air Force have all been debunked as terrestrial objects and/or various optical phenomena – parallax, gimbal rotation, etc.

But I also keep wondering WHY the U.S. military would release such footage as UAPs? Is it a joke? A distraction? etc. etc.

4 Likes

Same old same old but… “Now with AI!”

1 Like

If it wasn’t for Bill Nelson’s influence, it wouldn’t be.

That’s one of the problems with the power structures within government agencies. Sometimes all it takes is the authority of one eccentric temporary political appointee to sully the whole agency’s reputation.

3 Likes

Retired spies will talk about news stories and ask the question WHY was the “news” released, not necessarily what the news story was about. It’s usually to deflect, sometimes it’s to control the narrative, but most often there are reasons the story was released and it’s not just to report.

Of course that will never really help the average person as we still don’t know why anything is released. But rest assured you are being programmed and manipulated.

2 Likes

Aliens

1 Like

It’s sad that this is a thing not because the search for extra-terrestrial life is a waste of time but that the idea that they’re here is silly. Plus, of the intelligent life that’s on Earth, much of it isn’t human, so why try to find that on far away rocks when you can literally study ravens, parrots, dolphins, chimps, dogs, whales, and so forth? Like seriously, ET ain’t coming here, space is too dangerous and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKIng big to traverse.

3 Likes

Terrestrial AI discovering extraterrestrial AI. Maybe it takes an alien to catch an alien.

3 Likes
3 Likes

NASA engages in such a waste of time because they need funding, and this gets them that, and if something interesting does show up they’re in the loop. Not “Aliens” interesting, but potential hazards and things they might not have plans for yet. If you read the publication, there is a safety concern, as well as a lot of confusion about what some of these things are, but some do clearly pose a potential risk.

As the air gets more crowded with UAVs, delivery drones, Chinese spy/weather balloons, whatever the $50 billion of black budget has out there, and an ever increasing number of plastic bags and other lightweight high-flying pollution, it is probably time again to document, evaluate, and plan for the problems we’re only just now starting to see. Does a jet engine now need to be rated for a given number of plastic bags per flight? Is a sudden fad for helium filled aluminized Mylar 6G wifi balloons going to cause problems with radar, and what happens when one hits a cockpit, or goes into the aforementioned engine? And if a new Skunk Works stealthy hypersonic whatever is getting imaged on cell phones and door cams, well, someone should maybe start working on that, or at least come up with some sort of plausible explanation?

As well, lets be clear, we have what appears to be repeat of the “Know-Nothings” in our political class, and despite their inherent anti-science basis certain elected officials are probably hoping this sort of thing leads to actual aliens, so they can shoot them or something. Probably or something. Best not to dwell on that.

4 Likes

Also KFC style viral marketing. Coming soon for this holiday season, alien scented fire logs.

1 Like

Huh… That’s exactly what I saw when my friends were checking on me after I ate too many magic mishrooms.

1 Like

6 Likes

You are just parroting the Avian Intelligence line! :smile::parrot:

2 Likes

Yes, but I can’t resist a cheap joke.

1 Like

That can lead to some squawkward moments.

1 Like

True, but every now and again you get a cracker.

1 Like

That was old 30 years ago when “AI” was called “expert systems”.
Which was a rehash of “now with electronic brains” from 30 years before that.

1 Like

Not me man! I’m not a sheeple! I’m informed! The lizard people won’t stop me!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.