Nassau County GOP to demand George Santos’ resignation

That’s the trajectory, but I’m still pissed off… mostly because he represents a vote that would 100% guarantee something that would shit on good people. So, for what it’s worth, I’m hoping (perhaps to maintain my sanity :wink: ) – that corrective action can be brought to bear and that by burning him asap on his campaign infractions. The latest news re that has him accepting contributions from a known human trafficker.

3 Likes

It’s bullshit in the sense it’s equivalent to what Trump did. The facts aren’t disputed.

Biden’s attorney found about 10 classified documents in his office at the Penn Biden Center for Global Engagement. Once the attorney found them, they immediately contacted NARA and turned the documents over. In fact, they also turned over 50 boxes of other papers in the office so NARA could make sure there was nothing else, just in case. Biden fully cooperated with NARA.

Trump, in contrast, had hundreds of classified documents at his personal residence. NARA first discovered that the documents were missing. Trump repeatedly refused to cooperate with NARA to the point where the FBI had to come in to take all the classified documents. Trump has attempted to stifle the FBI at every turn and has publicly denounced the investigation. Trump claims publicly that the documents belong to him personally and has demanded their return.

One person cooperated with the investigation. The other did not, and in fact, repeatedly lied about having classified materials and attempted to stifle the investigation whenever possible.

16 Likes

Definitely bullshit since Biden is returning the documents, intact, before anyone even asked about them.

With Trump, its not really the possession of the documents which is the criminal act. Its the refusal to return them after a stern request and a subpoena. The subpoena giving probable cause for an FBI raid.

Comparing the two is comparing someone who goes back to the store to pay for some tic-tacs left in his cart with a guy who shoots up a supermarket and takes a carton of milk.

6 Likes

Well, that and insecure storage of SCI documents that should never have been printed out much less left the SCIF.

The other thing I wonder about the Biden documents is whether they were even classified, and at which security level, when they were stored way back in 2012. Many times non-classified documents become classified later, sometimes after years. In contrast, ■■■■■’s documents were all classified when he first took them.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to flee as a member of Congress? Just go to Russia on July 4th and then resign while there.

6 Likes

Good point! That way he could charge the trip to the taxpayers.

7 Likes

He should totally do that! 10 seconds after he resigns, Russian authorities can hand him his conscription papers. Good luck Soldier!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.