George Santos says he will resign – if 142,000 people ask him to

Originally published at: George Santos says he'll resign – if 142,000 people ask him to | Boing Boing

9 Likes

sure.
raise your hands if you believe any of that.

17 Likes

Obviously he’s lying (again) but even if he was being truthful here there’s no way to definitively know if the same 142,000 people withdrew their support for him since there’s no record of how any individual person voted.

17 Likes

How do we know he’s lying? His mouth is moving!

26 Likes

Hey, that’s not fair.

He lies when he types too.

32 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

16 Likes

“Rigged vote, fake voters, not resigning.”

My look into the crystal ball at when “George” “Santos” gets his 142k “get lost” votes.

10 Likes

Like I said in another thread the smart money is on Santos refusing to resign until he is facing criminal charges so he can offer his resignation as a bargaining chip while cutting a deal with prosecutors. Santos stepping down now would be the best course of action for the people of his district, the nation at large and even the GOP as a party but it isn’t in his personal best interests.

24 Likes

He [George Santos] later clarified in an interview on Steve Bannon’s War Room with Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla.

We might have just found the most unappealing media broadcast ever.

14 Likes

That’s sounds likely. Another scenario could involve prosecutors telling Santos to shove his bargaining chip. With that, the possibility of a news cycle consuming (and lead up to) trial could force the GOP to more than suggest to Santos that he simply resign and face the consequences. Of course, he would receive verbal-only token support from them as he swirled down the drain.

6 Likes

Well, a recall election is about the best way to know for sure.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, NY does not have recall elections for any office in the state, and anyone elected to congress cannot be recalled regardless, they have to be removed from office by the rules governing the house or senate respectively.

6 Likes

… and then Alex Cox turned up with Ye and Nick Fuente. Milo Yiannopoulos can be heard scratching at the door; and Jordan Petersen sobs echo through the bank bunker.

7 Likes

Followed by a segment of TFG and Musk taking about trans rights

7 Likes

He’s aligned himself with the Gaetz/Boebert/Gossar faction, so no, he’s not going to resign unless actual criminal charges are brought against him. Why would he? I mean, why give up just because he’s getting so much bad press?

He will make allusions to “representing the voters in his district” but I bet he avoids his district the whole time he’s in office.

9 Likes

He and Bannon should both be extradited to Brazil.

9 Likes

Actually, he only won by 20,000 votes, so if 10,000 of those who voted for him recant… nah. He can’t count that high, anyway.

8 Likes

There is no recanting. Votes are done, election is certified.

He’s not leaving.

2 Likes

All three of them.

2 Likes

You’re right - and the house band is Morrissey, Dan Wootton and Piers Morgan with Nigel Farage on timpani.

3 Likes