GOP gears up to expel George Santos: "He cannot serve"

Originally published at: GOP gears up to expel George Santos: "He cannot serve" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Good news long overdue.

Now the Democrats better get their asses in gear to do the same to Bob Menendez.

34 Likes

18 Likes

It’s nuts that even if they have the votes to expel him, that probably won’t (can’t?) happen until after a new speaker is chosen. And due to how tight the numbers are the people who want to be speaker will be courting every available vote, including his. I really hate the idea of him having that leverage.

17 Likes

GOP gears up to expel George Santos: “He cannot serve”

But he told me he’s got a solid return. :tennis:

@Melizmatic Thanks for the reminder of how awesome Lauren Ash is. #teamscorpia

12 Likes

Wait, so what’s the sweet spot for the number of indictments a GOP politician is supposed to have? Guessing Mr. Santos doesn’t have enough to please the party, based on the Orange-utang’s record.

10 Likes

If he had adopted a multi billionaire real estate mogul lie this would have gone quite differently.

11 Likes

Given how much Santos seems to love even negative attention, I’m guessing he’s going to be smirking his way out of office and into prison…

13 Likes

That’s VP material, right there.

10 Likes

“Also” he added, “unlike Trump he does not have a cult-like grip on our voting base that we’ve become absolutely beholden to, so a no-brainer really.”

/s

21 Likes

He always has a smug, self-satisfied grin on his face when he’s interviewed about this. It’s because he knows the party will protect him. Time to put an end to that.

11 Likes

I would pay decent money to be there when something finally knocks that shit-eating smugness off his face for good.

12 Likes

I’m now even more confused how this could not have happened to Trump while he was in office. Using sportsball terms, is it because he had more members in his defensive line?

3 Likes

You’re in until you’re out. Once you’re out, whatever was being ignored previously will be used against you.

The question is, what happened that moved him from in to out? It wasn’t the indictment.

6 Likes

Stealing from other GOP members’ donors? :man_shrugging:

Not the theft, mind you. Just that they had “dibs”.

10 Likes

I am a little shocked they aren’t smiling while continuing to eat that shit sandwich, but glad they are, probably, going to stop.

4 Likes

Reminded of Eddie Izzard’s bit from Dressed to Kill

“Ah, yes, finally. Some principles.”

In only the thinnest, most paltry of contributions, but it’s surprising to see even those.

3 Likes
2 Likes

One reason so many people in his party are ready to throw him to the wolves is because he screwed over his fellow Republicans by taking money (legally or otherwise) which might have otherwise gone to their campaigns. For example, he had a member of his campaign team impersonate Kevin McCarthy’s Chief of Staff to help bring in donations.

It’s one thing to lie and cheat and steal and defraud and commit terrible sex crimes and foment a violent insurrection against the United States, but picking a fellow Republican’s pocket is a bridge too far.

22 Likes

So they introduced a bill when there is no speaker, so there can be no vote, even IF the speaker was willing to bring the bill up for a vote. Wow, the Rs are really going full in to get this guy removed.

6 Likes