National anthems coded by subject matter

Thanks for the freebie and Ted appreciation, but after checking I don’t think I’m wrong.

I hadn’t actually listened to Spanish one until you made me doubt myself and check.

Well sure, if you listen to an instrumental version :slight_smile: The regular version very much does have lyrics:

Hmmm… so is this map wrong to say that the French national anthem doesn’t have any lyrics? Does this mean that every national anthem has lyrics? This is disappointing, I know it’s possible to shoehorn lyrics around most tunes but because of this article thought that France had one more special thing going for it.

Here’s the only anthem I ever learned the lyrics to;

1 Like

No, the map’s right. France is in red (about battle) and Spain and Bosnia & Herzegovina are in white (no lyrics). According to Wikipedia, Kosovo and San Marino also have instrumental anthems

1 Like

We’re lucky it’s not about guns.

1 Like

And the rockets’ red glare,
The bombs bursting in air…

All forms of armament the Second Amendment doesn’t protect. Coincidence?

3 Likes

The Swedish national anthem isn’t actually about Sweden, but the region “The North”, usually consisting of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.