National Association of Christian Lawmakers accuse "Satanists and Atheists" for voting in their poll

It’s hardly an original thought. I’m probably like whoring by posting it so high in the thread. But apropos:

1 Like

No way.
My American Jesus has an automatic weapon in one hand and a hand gun in the other.

6 Likes

Have evangelicals ever taken responsibility for anything? Feels like the entire mentality is blame someone/something else.

10 Likes

What? He’s not so swole he can dual-wield assault rifles? What kind of sissy commie are you?
/s

6 Likes

I don’t use twitter and at this point can’t muster an ounce of respect for the platform, but…

17 Likes

The Gospel of Supply Side Jesus

4 Likes

“Satanists and Atheists” is correct. Here’s why:
Christian Lawmakers and I both voted in yesterday’s poll. And I am the “Atheist”.

5 Likes

Yep, absolutely. The persecution complex is very strong with them. Mind you, they have to go back to the Roman Empire to justify it… (and even that misrepresents the actual history)

9 Likes

It is literally a precept of their faith that they are not responsible for anything other than a single decision to “accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior”

No matter what harm they’ve done in their lives, before or after said decision, they’re off the hook for it.

13 Likes

In other words, your opponents aren’t supposed to have access to the ballot box.

6 Likes

The biggest load of bullshit shoveled in modern propaganda is the tale of the oppressed Christian. Yeah, can’t force others to participate in devolved insanity, madness and denial. How very oppressing. All while believing they have any moral high ground left what-so-ever after adding Trump to the cult.

10 Likes

Impostor! That is not the one true weapon. The real American Jesus would surely be using his god-manifested AR15 with bump-stock.

3 Likes

Don’t forget flipping over the moneylenders’ tables and driving them out with a whip.

8 Likes

“Do you believe America would be better off if more Christians served in elected office?”

FFS! They’ve already got Trump on their side. He’s the most Christian! What more do they want?

2 Likes

don’t ask questions you don’t want the answer to

4 Likes

Christianity has always been an explicitly political force. The catholic church used to rule Europe.

4 Likes

None of this formal logic stuff please when two-bit minds are involved.

Edit: Thanks wikipedia, that illustration is hilarious and on point:

4 Likes

Too soon.

2 Likes
  1. We are a secular nation of people guaranteed freedom of religion. While proselytizing in itself is wrong, certain Christians wish to dictate to all what to believe and how to live. And they want this to be a matter of law. I see no room for God in that scenario. Such people have no need for God. In addition, God does not need marketers, which are truly in a class by themselves - one which is neither spiritual nor godly.
  2. I always find it curious when people say, “Well, they should act like Christians!” As though a Christian is a good sort of person to be. Know this: People act exactly as who they are, and spouting beliefs is meaningless when one is demonstrating them to the contrary.
14 Likes

Had to add my vote. The devil made me do it.

3 Likes