National Association of Christian Lawmakers accuse "Satanists and Atheists" for voting in their poll

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/18/national-association-of-christ.html

8 Likes

snl-Church-Lady

35 Likes

Cannot access the comments link from the main article, only from blog view.

6 Likes

America would be better off if more lawmakers claiming to be Christian acted more like Christians. The ones that actually follow the teachings of Christ. I’m going to pretend this is what they meant and not look at the Twitter feed.

-an atheist

33 Likes

31 Likes

Even a religious person can honestly think the US wouldn’t be any “better off” with “more Christians” in public office, since the overwhelming majority are already Christians (or at least pay lip service to it.)

On the other hand, if I’m a politician and I propose feeding the poor, caring for the sick, and taxing the wealthy more-- all things Christ sure seemed to support-- I’d get called a commie. So how does one define “Christian”?

51 Likes

That’s actually the exact sentiment of ~90% of the responses on that twitter thread, except most of them saying they’re xtian and believe that (Of course on the internet no one knows, etc…, etc…)

The other responses I liked were comparing the current representation of xtians in government vs. percent of the public identifying as xtian, followed by “You want more of an imbalance?”

15 Likes

I must say, that’s rather salty of them…

(National Association of Christian Lawmakers…NACL)

adjective: salty

31 Likes

I wonder if the NACL would acknowledge that their poll is actually asking Do you believe America would be better off if fewer non-Christians served in elected office?

16 Likes

“'Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpet
But He reaches for the hurting and despises the proud
And I think He’d prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowd
And I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud”

11 Likes

“Do you think we need more Christians in office, and if not, how long have you been SATAN?”

16 Likes

If members of The National Association of Christian Lawmakers actually read the Bible they would realize that Jesus wanted no part of politics. When people tried to make Jesus a king, he fled to the mountains. John 6:15.

23 Likes

In contemporary America? I’m pretty sure this is where we’re at…
american_jesus

no offense to real followers of the dude Jesus

12 Likes

Apparently they wanted a poll where only the right kind of people vote.

19 Likes

Hey, 'Murican Jeezus invented “No Offense, but…”

5 Likes

Nailed it in one.

7 Likes

“Christian” lawmakers are obedient to the far right and neoliberalism, as opposed to the words of Jesus. Christianity has become politicized w/o it’s members realizing that has happened.

6 Likes

The famous Flip Wilson as Geraldine, while trying on a dress and being tempted by the devil: “Devil, get thee behind me.”

Devil: “It looks good from back here, too.”

9 Likes

:eye: c wot u did there

2 Likes

The government would then be radically leftist, and I mean that in a good way.

18 Likes