Nazi fan wins Republican primary in Missouri

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/13/white-collar-nazi-wins-republi.html

8 Likes

venture-you-nazis

[ETA - I really should use this one more. It’s perfect for our modern times…]

45 Likes

Welp, at least that’s one secure seat for the Dems.

5 Likes

Let’s hope so. We’ll see if there are enough republicans who would literally vote for nazis over a member of the democratic party, because reasons (mumble, mumble, abortion, reverse racism, mumble, mumble).

I guess the fact that Carpenter is the incumbent is also helpful.

26 Likes

Oh no. Don’t assume that. Don’t you ever take that for granted.

27 Likes

That’s what they said about the White House in 2016.

28 Likes

Hopefully left leaning trolls are registering Republican and voting for these guys in the primaries with no intent on following through in the regular election

4 Likes

For people that don’t understand stats, maybe. A 70/30 chance is pretty damn up for grabs, I’d say…

1 Like

Looking here:
https://ballotpedia.org/Missouri_House_of_Representatives_District_15

it seems that last time, the Democratic candidate was unnoposed in this seat, and the last time it was contested was in 2012, when it was won 56%-43%. So not exactly in danger, but not exactly a foregone conclusion either.

7 Likes

A 13-point lead is massive, although I’ll certainly grant that the 2012 and 2018 elections are vastly dissimilar for all kinds of reasons.

1 Like

The Overton Window has slid so far it now offers great views of Hell.

19 Likes

Those were the odds the experts were laying down by election day, but at the time Trump got the nomination most experts thought Hillary was a sure thing.

Even if the Nazi bastard remains unpopular there’s always a chance the incumbent could die unexpectedly before election day or something. No important elected position should ever be a mere heartbeat away from going to a Nazi.

18 Likes

After watching the video in the article…

2 Likes

No room for complacency here.

21 Likes

With other Nazi candidates, at least the Republicans can say that they ran unopposed, but they can’t say that here… the Nazi was the clear favorite among voting Republicans. There’s a whole lot of soul-searching that’s not going to happen as a result of this, I’m sure.

33 Likes

But… he’s not a democrat, who kill babies (cause all democrats kill babies)… I mean, did you ever see Nazis kill babies? /s

I keep waiting for some of these people to wake the fuck up, but you know, too many of them won’t until it’s far too late to stop our slide into fascism. You’d think that throwing babies in concentration camps would have done it, but apparently not.

26 Likes

Republicans on Nazis:

21 Likes

Unless it was their own babies, it seems that they could not give less than a fuck… and I type that sentence seriously wondering “Would they care even then?”

15 Likes
25 Likes

Well, their babies MIGHT grow up to be democrats, so…

But seriously, the type of people who would vote for nazis are largely devoid of much empathy for their fellow humans.

7 Likes