Nazi Trump fans threaten Jewish journalist

Ew, no thanks.

5 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.

18 Likes

17 Likes

Drumpf attacked Bill Kristol today in Anaheim.

Trump said he almost felt bad for Kristol before launching into an imitation of him: “We’re still looking for a third party candidate!”

Trump mocked Kristol, who he repeatedly referred to as working for “that magazine,” for searching “for like nine months” for someone to challenge him.

“He can’t find anybody! What a loser!” Trump said. “By the way, I heard his magazine is doing so badly it’s going to fold.”

3 Likes

Not surprisingly, “what a loser” is what I think of whenever I hear about Trump’s latest antics.

He wears his insecurities on his sleeve, as narcissists do.

13 Likes

Yes, and those insecurities drive him to attack others compulsively. He attacked the first Latina governor in national history for not attending his racist rally.

7 Likes

Every time I hear it, I think of Charlie Sheen’s “Winning.”

9 Likes

Journalist Jonathan Weisman bravely describes being “belled” and mobbed by anti-semite Trump supporters.

He describes a digital tag used to mark his Twitter account. From his account, Twitter sounds unaware or unwilling to respond to directly to the practice of “belling” digital victims by perpetrators.

The first tweet arrived as cryptic code, a signal to the army of the “alt-right” that I barely knew existed:

“Hello Mr. Weisman’s name enclosed in double parens.” CyberTrump was responding to my recent tweet of an essay by Robert Kagan on the emergence of fascism in the United States.

“Care to explain?” I answered, intuiting that my last name in brackets denoted my Jewish faith.

“What, ho, the vaunted Ashkenazi intelligence, hahaha!” CyberTrump came back.

“It’s a dog whistle, fool. Belling the cat for my fellow goyim.” With the cat belled, the horde was unleashed.

An official at Twitter encouraged me to block the anti-Semites and report them to Twitter, but I have chosen to preserve my Twitter timeline as a research tool of sorts, a database of hate, and a shrine to 2016.

The only response I blocked and forwarded to Twitter was a photo of my disembodied head held aloft, long Orthodox hair locks called payot photoshopped on my sideburns and a skullcap placed as a crown. I let stand the image of a smiling Mr. Trump in Nazi uniform flicking the switch on a gas chamber containing my Photoshopped face.

“Thanks to Mr. Weisman’s Twitter handle for redpilling at least 1.5k normies today by retweeting premium content. Epitome of useful idiot,” responded one tormentor whose Twitter handle is too vulgar to repeat, even if I wanted to.

Maybe he was right. And still, we have heard nothing from Mr. Trump, no denunciation, no broad renouncing of racist, anti-Semitic support, no expressions of sympathy for its victims.

The Republican Jewish Coalition on Tuesday released what can only be described as equivocation as an art form: “We abhor any abuse of journalists, commentators and writers, whether it be from Sanders, Clinton or Trump supporters. There is no room for any of this in any campaign.”

In The New Yorker this week, Adam Gopnik, quoting Alexander Pope, asks, “Is there no black or white?

”His answer: “The pain of not seeing that black is black soon enough will be ours, and the time to recognize this is now.”

The bolded text was not in the original nytimes article.

7 Likes

I like how they include the Democratic candidates, just to be fair.:smirk:

7 Likes

I can’t imagine what they’re thinking. It’s like watching the world’s worst production of Cabaret.

6 Likes

Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism

PETER BAKER for nytimes, MAY 28, 2016

WASHINGTON — The comparison was inflammatory, to say the least. Former Gov. William F. Weld of Massachusetts equated Donald J. Trump’s immigration plan with Kristallnacht, the night of horror in 1938 when rampaging Nazis smashed Jewish homes and businesses in Germany and killed scores of Jews.

But if it was a provocative analogy, it was not a lonely one. Mr. Trump’s campaign has engendered impassioned debate about the nature of his appeal and warnings from critics on the left and the right about the potential rise of fascism in the United States. More strident opponents have likened Mr. Trump to Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.

READ MORE

1 Like

Trump and anti-Semitism via The Guardian

Marco Rubio is engaging on Twitter with conservative fountainhead Bill Kristol and journalist Philip Klein (columnist Jennifer Rubin gets in there too) over Rubio’s decision to support Donald Trump.

Rubio dismisses Klein, who de-registered as a Republican when Trump emerged as the nominee, as a “keyboard cowboy”.

Klein replies that his opposition to Trump has made him the target of “constant anti-Semitic hate” from Trump supporters.

As a target for anti-Semitic hatred from Trump supporters, Klein is the rule, not the exception.

2 Likes

One of my favorite songs from R.E.M.'s 2011 (and final) album Collapse Into Now was ‘Every Day is Yours to Win’. Great melody, gorgeously spare arrangement.

I say ‘was’ because since then the white noise of Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump have ruined the lyrics, and therefore the song, for me. Monsters.

2 Likes

I’m not saying Trump is Hitler, but he did have an employee who clicked his heels together and said “Heil Hitler” every time he visited Trump’s office.

(and no, I am not joking)

9 Likes

From Donald Trump to Israel and Europe, Why This Lurch to the Right?

Jay Michaelson, The Forward

To quote Donald Trump, “What the hell is going on?”

The global rise of right-wing populism — in the United States, across Europe and now in Israel — is clearly the leading news story of 2016.

Each week, Trump says something outrageous that hasn’t been said by a mainstream politician in half a century. And each week, his standing in the polls rises.

The trend is global. In Europe, the far right is growing in Hungary, Greece, France, the United Kingdom, and Austria, where the far-right Freedom Party came within a hair’s breadth of winning the presidency.

A right-wing populist is now president of the Philippines. A right-wing legislative coup has taken place in Brazil, where a creationist is now minister of science and the Cabinet is all white men.

And of course, the “second” President Putin has, since 2012, headed a revanchist Russian populist nationalist regime that has started wars, cracked down on dissidents of all types and renewed fears of a nuclear arms race.

And now Israel. Just a few weeks ago, it was unimaginable that the openly racist, nationalist Avigdor Lieberman would ever again hold a government post. He was too far right , even for the right.

Now, he’s got not just any post, but minister of defense, a job for which he is completely unqualified …

Read more

8 Likes

And now Israel. Just a few weeks ago, it was unimaginable that the openly racist, nationalist Avigdor Lieberman would ever again hold a government post. He was too far right , even for the right. Now, he’s got not just any post, but minister of defense, a job for which he is completely unqualified.

We’ll just gloss over his tenure as “Foreign Minister.”

8 Likes

Antisemitism watchdog adds … symbol to hate list after Jews targeted

US antisemitism watchdog, the Anti-Defamation League, has added the “(((echo)))” symbol, used online by white supremacists to single out Jews, to its online database of hate symbols.

The group’s decision comes days after Google removed a Chrome extension that was being used by antisemites to add triple parentheses around the names of prominent Jewish public figures including Michael Bloomberg and New York Times journalist Jonathan Weisman.

4 Likes

9 Likes