NC Cop shoots dead a tased, restrained, 100lb teen: "we don't have time for this"

Yes. even more so if you’re white and/or wealthy. Its not a right we have, but without witnesses saying it was premeditated, its hard to get a prosecution for killing someone who is attacking you.

I hope I don’t come off us a smug foreigner who is just trying to show off how muich better her country is.

not at all. you come across as a very friendly foreigner who is accurately showing off how much more reasonable your country is.

1 Like

It’s a pretty awful reaction to have but I can’t help feeling it. You’re right, it is contagious. Responding with violence only reinforces it as a legitmate way to solve problems. Which it is not.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I thought it was the race/status of the victim that mattered more in such cases.

The problem is structural. Too many cops with too much funding and too much power. The effort of our time is to demilitarize the United States. Scaling back the police 85% is part of that effort.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.