Nebraska woman is suing every gay person in America

I recal a movie with that scene in it. “So help me, me.”

9 Likes

I hope she gets a judge who kissed his husband goodbye that morning before heading to work.

16 Likes

Can’t God simply be mistaken?

4 Likes

I’d honestly be perfectly fine with allowing this to proceed…as long as she could prove without a doubt that she is without sin. She’d walk into court wearing mixed fabrics and the judge could ask her how she’d like to pay for her sins and that would be that.

5 Likes

This was in 2015 you say? She should try again. If it makes it to the SCOTUS of today, who knows?

4 Likes

I’m thinking you are new at this.

9 Likes

This story is five years old and was summarily dismissed.

12 Likes

Except that the “bible” is not in any way, shape, or form a part of the US legal code (although some things mentioned in the bible are also in the legal code, the bible itself is not US Law thank god.).

It’s best we do not give any legal precedent for something like this. If the woman can point to specific, actual Laws (enacted by congress and the senate, signed by the president) that specific gay people have broken by being gay (or doing “gay” acts) then OK, maybe the courts should look at that as those laws may need to be struck down as unconstitutional. (although, to be fair, I’m not convinced our current courts would side on the side of personal freedoms anymore. the turtle man has been busy) Otherwise, it should be summarily thrown out, and a summary judgement against the person(s) who brought the obviously frivolous suite to court.

1 Like
5 Likes

Lying is a sin, and mentioned before homosexuality and more frequently in the Bible. Maybe she should focus on sins in priority order instead of making up her own personal religion and expecting the rest of the world to follow it.

6 Likes

When you hang out at the docks telling dudes “follow me and I will make you fishers of men”, there’s not much line to read between

17 Likes

Hopefully they will all be counter suing.

4 Likes

Friends of Dorothy as amicus curiae?

5 Likes

Sue them for… what? What does she want? Cash?

If she sued all the adulterers she’d make more money. Depending how you define it, it would include most people.

4 Likes

But she’d first need to show standing. How was she personally harmed by them?
So her husband having an affair, ok, grounds for a divorce.

I guess that implies her husband must have been having a gay affair? Can’t blame him after being married to that woman.

2 Likes

Exactly this. Isn’t one of the points that the demented orange fascist is stuffing the courts with unqualified xtian assholes. If she makes it a federal case, who knows?

2 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-here-we-go

9 Likes

Also…

12 Likes

Man wrote the bible, not God. God doesn’t give a rat’s ass if you’re gay or not, He’d just like us to stop killing each other.

7 Likes

I’m not so sure about that bit :grimacing:

3 Likes