Need a bong in Mexico? Walmart has you covered

A shisha is meant to be shared with several friend. You inhale a few puffs, talk with everybody, inhale a few more, try to look cool making smoke rings, clean the mouthpiece and pass to your friend to the left.

Last time I smoked a cachimba we were six persons and a piece of shisha tobacco the size of thumb lasted about an hour.

There are people who smoke the whole shisha alone? Yes, but there are also people who eat a three foot wheel of pizza alone…

3 Likes

Plenty of coffee/tea to keep the throat ■■■■■ and the brain running, it’s a thoroughly enjoyable social occasion.

innocent look

Look! Over there! It’s the Winged Victory of Samothrace!

:dash:

2 Likes

It’s from U-wiki

I’ll have to look up the reference.

1 Like

Just curious more than anything else, so no worries if it’s not to hand.
I could always track it down myself if it nags at me.

The model is based on data gathered from smoking sessions of 30 min or longer duration from 52 smoker volunteers using a differential pressure puff topography instrument, as well as anonymous visual observations of 56 smokers in the same cafe. Results showed that the “average” water-pipe cafe smoking session consists of one hundred seventy-one 530-ml puffs of 2.6-s duration at a frequency of 2.8 puffs/min. The implications of this comparatively high-intensity puffing regimen on the production of toxic smoke constituents are discussed.

Apparently, the volume of smoke for the average smoker in the cafe in a 40 minute session is equivalent to between 100-200 cigarettes. That’s a lot of smoke by anyone’s measure.

Although, since it’s a cafe, it probably is a higher pressure situation than, for instance, chilling at a friend’s house, which could increase smoking behavior.

1 Like

Nifty, thanks for that.
It’s those swingeing bastards at Elsevier, so no full text but it’s a solid place to start. Cheers. :book:

Finally I can combine my two favorite past times, smoking weed and shooting myself in the face.

3 Likes

Was his name Irwin Mainway?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.