Need a new fan this summer? Try a Vornado

And an electric motor, various adhesives, sealants, and gasketing, scissors, and some spray paint. The title of that video is really not very accurate. That fan was also noisy as heck.

3 Likes

Used to have an Emerson like that; practically indestructible (misplaced or something during a move). Heavy as hell, but a simple spring ritual of cleaning and oiling kept it working for decades upon decades.

4 Likes

Well, gosh, fine then, just be that way! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s trite, I realize, but I really like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI

3 Likes

I got a cheap Vornado off of Woot back in the day and swear by it. I don’t think I’d ever buy another type of fan again (save a ductless one if they ever come down to a price appropriate for mere mortals).

1 Like

I have two of the smaller Vornado 1950s style replicas, as pictured earlier in the topic, and one real one (MUCH larger, by the way) that I bought off eBay. The small modern replicas are just… OK… far noisier than I would like.

1 Like

I just received a Vornado Flippi.

“found this image on line”
Loud little guy, but I am fully impressed how much air this little thing can move.
Low and high, oscillates, multi-position. (“whisper quiet”) well…?
Great little fan for your desktop
Highly recommend for small space.

1 Like

I like the Vornado I had 20 years ago, with a dial for power, you could get exactly the mix of noise and wind that worked best for you. Then I had kids, and they destroyed it.

All I can think of:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.