Negative review of a $1,500 Silicon Valley toaster oven

A $1500 toaster oven? I wouldn’t pay $1500 for a sex toy with that many sensors and Internet notifications!

2 Likes

Even if the vibration setting was turned on for notifications?

2 Likes

But this isn’t radical new technology, it’s $1450 of bells and whistles that probably don’t work very well from the start. It’s a IoT device with an (apparently) poorly functioning toaster grafted on.

3 Likes

Well…male orgasms are as simple as “turn a knob and you’re done…” The process of configuring the sensors and timing events can be more…complicated for others

2 Likes

Maybe if it had a navigate feature, but I’d still wait for the sale price.

2 Likes

Ding!

JOHN 6:46 PM
Orgasm will arrive in one minute!

Ding!
JOHN 6:23 PM
Orgasm complete!

Ding!
JOHN 6:12 PM
Please change positions

7 Likes

I’m surprised that there’s only a few devices that gamify kegeling.

2 Likes

Is there ever a radically new technology?

2 Likes

It comes with an app so you can compete with friends

Looks like something my kids would have fun with! I’ll have to look for a microwave at Goodwill!

Thanks!

I’m trying to understand your comment. Are you saying that technological advancement is an evolutionary process, and it requires failed forms in order to proceed?

If so, I agree. But how will bad forms ever know they are bad unless the internet ridicules them?

2 Likes

Market forces?

Expensive niche items like the VCR eventually dropped in price until they were almost disposable. And much better-featured.

2 Likes

VCRs served a need.

1 Like

A rich-man’s need, at the time.

4 Likes

Ehhh are/were you implying that we are luddites because we laugh at this particular set of bell and whistle non-features?

New devices interest me, and I worked in a few products departments. Can you describe the revolution here, incremental as it may be?

Describing something as a VCR without explaining why it is as important does your argument no good.

1 Like

The VCR was not important. It was a bulky, expensive toy with a poor interface. Not as bad as the first (mechanical) televisions in the twenties, but close.

“Something was considered worthless at the time thus something someone considers worthless today MUST be worthwhile?”

Sometimes they laugh at you and you win in the end, and sometimes you’re Bozo the clown.

1 Like

And then some griefers upload ALL THE WRONG RECIPES.

Yes, June, the best way to cook chicken is 115 degrees for 2 hours.

Pork Chops need to be seared at 550 degrees for 2 hours.

5 Likes

I take it you never worked evenings, when most of the good programs were on (and only on that one time, until possibly coming back in reruns years later).

5 Likes