Negative review of a $1,500 Silicon Valley toaster oven

Tell that to my 9 year-old. His birthday money is seemingly burning a hole in his pocket …

1 Like

I have an entirely separate machine that goes “ping.” Not sure what else it actually does.

11 Likes

Is it an analog or digital pinging machine?

5 Likes

What you need is the Talkie Toaster.
All toast all the time, until the end of time.

3 Likes

The only dumber thing was the 21inc “Bitcoin mining toaster” that would’ve used an insane amount of power and given you a few cents a week.

4 Likes

My microwave has a clock, so it knows it is 1:30 in the morning. It also has a microphone, so it knows that the whole house is really quiet because everyone is sleeping. Yet, the beeper is loud enough to make itself known for what I can only imagine it thinks is a full-on kegger with Aerosmith playing live in my living room.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Just be sure you don’t accidentally swipe “Burn down my house”

that’s got to be a feature because it is marketed as a toaster oven

3 Likes

Ammunition, the design firm that gave us Beats headphones.

Well there’s your problem.

8 Likes

I’m really looking forward to twitch makes bread pudding.

And the inevitable “give me food poisoning” addition from the h@xz0rz.

2 Likes

You hacked

If I bought this, I would never be able to opine on any purchase made by any member of my extended family.

Never again. Never never never.

“Hey, listen up everybody!!! Mister Fifteen Hundred Dollar Toaster Oven Guy wants to comment about what I spent for these shoes!!!”

14 Likes

Yeah, probably not a good idea as demonstrated by some crazy Ukrainians.

5 Likes

I wish my Roomba could speak… beacause I am lonely.
But if I had talking appliances, I’d always feel anxious that they’d do something without me and leave me home alone.

5 Likes

Gayl Pile didn’t seem to mind his talking toaster. But I suppose that’s credited to the soothing tones of Jon Hamm’s voice.

Panasonic makes my all time favorite toaster ovenm for less than a tenth the cost of this thing. I’d like to see what sort of robot butler sheet they would unleash if given $1.5k for a toaster.

1 Like

Hmm. Does it go “zip” when it moves and “bop” when it stops?

4 Likes

12 Likes

Why is the oven sending out messages about the ETA being optimistic or pessimistic? What knowledge does a oven have of attitudes of the Basque separatist movement?

12 Likes

If you’re gonna spend $1500 on a goddamn camera to record tv, then you deserve whatever hell it burns your toast in.

We’ve already got perfectly good film cameras - nobody needs a “video casette recorder”.

Rich people and their rich toys!

#STOP INNOVATING!

1 Like