Neil Gorsuch, Trump's pick for the Supreme Court, was founder of "Fascism Forever Club" at his prep school

The impression I got from the news was that, though undoubtedly conservative (esp. on religion – cf the Hobby Lobby), he was fairly sound on 4th Amendment issues and on limitations on executive power generally (not least in the area of immigration).

But I’m prepared to take correction.

No such liger?

5 Likes

But can we still groan at the fact that he wrote “the definitive book” on why assisted suicide should be illegal?

5 Likes

He is allegedly not a fan of Executive Orders.

2 Likes

Rinse ol’ chug

2 Likes

Which is one of the reasons Andy Kaufman was never on the shortlist for a Supreme Court nomination.

11 Likes

But just think of the case law!

2 Likes

No, he wasn’t.

http://www.snopes.com/neil-gorsuchs-fascism-forever-club/

Perhaps an update to this post would be in order?

3 Likes

You know, you really should have learned from Gawker.

But no, you went for the fashionable lie.

“Neil Gorsuch, Trump’s pick for the Supreme Court, was the sort of vile little shit who thought it’d be funny to joke about founding a “Fascism Forever” club at his prep school”

6 Likes

Is it possible he was picked because Trump et al thought he did?

2 Likes

Who among us can say they haven’t founded such a club? Neil Gorsuch. It’s irresponsible to circulate a story like this one, and more irresponsible to leave it up, unedited, after the fake news you’ve posted is discredited.

2 Likes

Welcome to Boingboing, comrade! I hope you will stick around and repeat people who posted the same thing 4 posts previously for many years to come!

I sure am glad there’s so many people who are concerned about not besmirching such a fine upstanding citizen’s honour!

6 Likes

Perhaps an update to the yearbook would be in order.

No no, but he did found such a ‘club’. But only as a joke that such ‘oversensitives’ as myself could find any concern in whatsoever. I’m sure it was all done in the very best of taste.

It was “a total joke,” said Steve Ochs, a history teacher at Georgetown Prep who was the student government advisor during Mr. Gorsuch’s junior and senior years at the Bethesda, Md., school.

“There was no club at a Jesuit school about young fascists,” he told America. “The students would create fictitious clubs; they would have fictitious activities. They were all inside jokes on their senior pages.”

hahaha, so funny to make the yids and homos cringe ahahahaha ha… ha SO FUNNY

5 Likes

Truth matters.

I’m as anti-Trump as they come, and the primary reason I stand up against
his administration is their repeated use of lies and misinformation.

Your assessment of the character of those who are lied about does not in
any way defend the practice of lying about them.

I expect more from this site and the people behind it. The fact that others
have posted the same thing multiple times before me just adds to the shame
the editors should feel over not admitting and retracting their error.

2 Likes

shame isn’t additive, and it isn’t brought to anyone via the methods you’re employing. Please, have the level of respect for the -other- readers here that you seem to be upset your host has lacked. K, thanks felicia, nice avatar by the way.

3 Likes

Like I say, I hope you stick around. Truth does indeed matter.

But heck, while we are repeating ourselves:

5 Likes

Neil Gorsuch

Rich lounges
Oh u clingers
Uncle hog, sir
Gore is lunch
Chugs in lore
Leg in chorus
Chorus line G
Gin hose curl
Curing holes
U schlong ire

2 Likes

A pity this yearbook entry did not come to light before all the Democrats in the Senate voted to confirm Gorsuch to his Circuit seat, eh what???

Why are you going on about such ancient history as the Reichstag fire. Don’t you know we must mobilize all of our efforts to find the internal enemies behind the Bowling Green Massacre?

7 Likes