Neil Gorsuch, Trump's pick for the Supreme Court, was founder of "Fascism Forever Club" at his prep school

Is there a primary source better than the Daily Mail?

First reference I saw to this, um, story was on Yahoo news, which credits echt-Lefty site Alternet in addition to the Daily Mail. However, their “Alternet” link actually takes you to a different echt-Lefty site, Salon, which has a version of the story together with a banner noting that Alternet has now (02/04, 12:50 pm eastern) retracted the story. I suppose that would be a good enough place to start back-tracking, if you wanna.

For myself, I’m going back to Yahoo to read 3 Healthy, Easy, Homemade Soup Recipes, which strikes me as both more interesting and a worthier topic.

I am no less concerned about Gorsuch now that I know he made up a pro-fascism club as a joke and thinks it’s funny. On its own, I’d be willing to chalk it up to youthful immaturity, but added to the Kissinger quote, which he knew would be a permanent statement printed next to his portrait as a young adult, it’s chilling.

8 Likes

Hey, I just wanted -one- shoe of juristwidginess to drop and show his hand where the lawfareblog merely showed code smell vs. Agency Recommendations, favoring immigrants.

NT> form of doxxing
To people who have been fighting charges of ransomware since punch card readers. For reasons.

go_robot_go> No, he wasn’t.

On the other hand, the one credible source in that article (Ochs, Student Government Advisor of the time) defends it saying it’s “A Total joke,” which isn’t exonerating.
Given the nominator, it’s known something’s really wrong with him, but just what sort of Scalia-loving Constitution Originalist smell is unconstitutional, I haven’t put next to Sovereign Citizen for compare. Can his favor of the Sisters Of The Poor and Hobby Lobby idea of tolerable healthcare provision be separated from litigators’ takes?

7 Likes

And the truth is that this isn’t as fictitious as we wish.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.