Neil Young tells Spotify to pull his music if they don't drop Joe Rogan

My pitch for the title of an article on this story: “Covid, Spotify, Rogan & Young”

11 Likes

Coughing, Chills, Rash & Rogan

7 Likes

Seems like more and more big name musicians are negotiating contracts with their owner/overlord labels to allow them to refuse to license to evil people. Hoping this trickles down into the contracts that the little folks sign at the beginning of their ascent.

I don’t know about this particular situation but the label could be why he had to retract his statement.

1 Like

From 2018… this is all you need to know about Rogan
(Edit: skip to 5:40 to avoid most of his bloviating madness)

8 Likes

I mean I a billion percent agree with Young on this one. But the people at spotify are going to push one button, and see that Joe Rogan brings in numerous orders of magnitude more than Neil Young does, and they’re gonna be okay with this decision.

3 Likes

But he is. He platforms anti-vaxers who have been ridden off all others on a rail.

It’s also been established that Rogan is a gateway drug for Proud Boys, Oathkeepers, and othe alt-right groups.

Just because you like what he has to say, doesn’t mean you get to ignore those very real links.

27 Likes

Joe has always said stupid things, but now he has a huge audience media/brands like to use his name as click bait, awkward and that has done more to spread bad information then Joes podcast. Let’s remember that Joe has the right to say stupid things, Neil has the right to say ‘him or me’ and natural selection is still going on.

1 Like

I was going to say this, pretty much word for word. Thank you!

23 Likes

“I have a vagina” to shut a primatologist up is about as misogynist as you can get.

An old man with an angry idiot 12 year old’s mind is just sad.

She was right, of course. A new species of “Bondo chimpanzees” with new behaviors don’t exist.

21 Likes

But… BOTHSIDES ARE BAD!!! /s

FTFY.

People like Rogan aren’t stupid. They know what they are doing and why they are doing it. He was part and parcel of helping to mainstream white supremacy once again, and in helping to put targets on the backs of his fellow human beings that he’s decided are “lesser than” him. This is not particular complicated.

18 Likes

Yep; I hope his bad karma is exponential to all the harm he has willfully caused in the world.

15 Likes

7 Likes

Same here.

I listened to a bit of what @brokenwords posted.
He sounds like a jackass & I have no use for him.

Yep.

6 Likes

He sure is Neil Young’s enemy, though. And I think I’m gonna go with Neil Young on this one.

7 Likes

See Jon Ossoff GIF by Election 2020

8 Likes

Welp…

11 Likes

Peterson responds with some of the most pure, unadulterated nonsense I’ve heard in some time:

… since the last time Peterson opened his mouth and words fell out.

Peterson is a master of stream-of-unconsciousness meaningless bullshit, and if he ever says anything which seems to make sense, then it’s not so much the stopped clock, so much as pareidolia: hearing voices in static and seeing faces in clouds.

6 Likes

Argh.

3 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

I mean he asked them to do this. He definitely was not bringing them more money. Definitely not more listeners. So I’m surprised people are surprised that they went “okay.”

Now it’s OUR turn to decide if we are okay with spotify, and well, I think my friends are jumping over to Napster. And… wait… Napster’s GOOD now?

3 Likes