New app lets you hire an armed driver along with your ride

Originally published at: New app lets you hire an armed driver along with your ride | Boing Boing

1 Like

Star Trek Reaction GIF

17 Likes

The owner of Black Wolf, Kerry Kingbrown, told Channel 2′s Candace McCowan that the idea for the company came from taking a friend’s daughter to school six months ago.

Amazon Wow GIF by NFL On Prime Video

14 Likes

I mean, I get the protection for politicians or celebrities, but geez…

6 Likes

Only a matter of time before the boys in blue get in on this racket.

6 Likes

Person robbed by armed driver in 3… 2… 1…

13 Likes

Followed by one of these “Good Guys With Guns” ™️ starting a shootout over a traffic dispute. Or being used unknowingly as a getaway driver.

ETA:
Cars for this service will be more targeted by car thieves, so they can get the gun.

14 Likes

What is it with the northern part of our metro counties?

5 Likes

The person that uses this app to call for a stranger with a gun probably deserves to ride with a stranger with a gun.

11 Likes

“They can see a situation brewing before it happens.”

Before. The predictive powers of the hotheads they intend to employ will almost certainly lead to “shoot first, ask questions later”. And will the cars be armored? Because bullets flying during a high speed shoot-out won’t discriminate between the armed and the unarmed.

6 Likes

cyberpunk seems to be a gold mine of dystopian business ideas

13 Likes

“If you want to call an Uber, but you also want your own chances of being shot to go up by tenfold”

I wish we could somehow make clear the message that being around guns is what gets people shot. They are far more dangerous to you than they are protection. Same goes for everyone in the vicinity.

12 Likes

Remember, if your armed driver gets into a road rage incident and shoots the other driver, you’re required to tip the maximum. It’s in the T&Cs.

6 Likes

“A new rideshare company in Georgia will let you hire an armed driver to get you to your destination.”

SHOTGUN!

Is Modern America really this lawless outside of the Alt-Right World View?

5 Likes

What is the change? Increasing the likelihood that the violent incidents involve guns? WHERE DO I SIGN UP!

7 Likes

Wondering how long it’s going to be until one of the “drivers” turns their gun on the passenger…

9 Likes

The great part about this is that they don’t even need guns to be incredibly dangerous. They are already controlling a multi-ton vehicle on public roads that are ostensibly shared with pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists. Can’t wait to see what one of these “highly trained at prediction” folks do when even further enabled and encouraged.

4 Likes

Let’s get in a car with an armed stranger who can only make a living as a Minicab driver. What’s the worst that could happen

10 Likes

Fun fact: the majority of drivers in Indiana, including the ride-share ones, already are carrying at least one gun. That’s true in quite a few states.

5 Likes

I want to know what the vehicle options are? (Black SUV with lighting package and federal plates?)
Would the armed driver use the customer’s car? (Possibly used for documenting DWB and “racial profiling.”)

4 Likes