New Boing Boing T-shirt!

[Permalink]

Translation:

The Areciboing message was broadcast into space a single time via frequency modulated radio waves at a ceremony to mark the launch of bOING bOING #1 in 1988. It was aimed at the globular star cluster M13 some 25,000 light years away because M13 was a large and close collection of stars that was available in the sky at the time and place of the ceremony. The message consisted of 1679 binary digits, approximately 210 bytes, transmitted at a frequency of 2380 MHz and modulated by shifting the frequency by 10 Hz, with a power of 1000 kW. The "ones" and "zeros" were transmitted by frequency shifting at the rate of 10 bits per second. The total broadcast was less than three minutes.

I’ll take 10 (one for me, one for my girlfriend).

7 Likes

My iPad sees every two series as a phone number and offers to add it to my contacts.

2 Likes

Spike Trotman did this first in Templar, AZ, almost four years ago:
http://templaraz.com/2009/12/07/intermission-employee-appreciation-page-2/

Don’t bother trying to call them - M13 has rubbish 4G coverage.

2 Likes

Okay okay, I drank my Ovaltine.

Danny Dunn did it in 1967.

I like the design, but $4 extra for 2XL and no sizes above that? Nope.

This post is really funny, I used to be in the chat rooms and when a Bot would show up. I would throw that Binary at it.
It was all jibberish, at least to a bot, but it was my way of saying screw you… People used to get to really mad cause I was throwing all 1’s and 0’s in the conversation…

I think this is my favorite BB shirt so far that’s on black (I have the “critter” shirt, which is on grey, which is my favorite overall).

I would like to get the robots shirt and now this one too but I’m hesitant because a) I’m broke and b) I just don’t tend to wear black. My “demolish serious culture” shirt is languishing in my closet - partially because it’s pretty provocative but also because it’s black.

However… because of the context I don’t see this one working on a different color. Except maybe… dark green-grey shirt, with light/glowing green graphics.

In any case - Mark, I really like the design and the story behind it!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.