New cartoon about Elvis as a government spy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/19/new-cartoon-about-elvis-as-a-g.html

2 Likes

This might be the pumpkin-spice Spam of animation.

1 Like

Get Val Kilmer on the line. Someone has stolen his schtick! to%20secret

4 Likes

Elvis transcends all.

2 Likes

Recently I learned that Elvis masks were used by African cultures, supposedly to warn about the evils of western culture.

‘Elvis’ Mask for Nyau Society

Mask (Elvis Presley), aka “Elvisi”, mid-20th century (Reload if it doesn’t show.)

1 Like

Elvis-Letter-to-Nixon-The-Hippie-Element-in-Text

7 Likes

Will he fight cursed Egyptian mummies?

4 Likes
9 Likes

I liked this better when it was called Buckaroo Banzai.

3 Likes

11 Likes

I liked it better when it was called Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

1 Like

C’mon, how Silly Can You Get?
nick%20rivers

3 Likes

Not lookin’ fer spoilers or anything but does Agent King die on the toilet too? Askin’ fer a friend.

After the positive reception of Bubba Ho-Tep Campbell was toying around with the idea for a prequel set in New Orleans called Bubba Nosferatu, but it looks like nothing ever came of it. I’m still holding out hope though.

8 Likes

Disappointed that this isn’t related to “Elvis Must Die” (short comic book series, circa 2000) … which I think might actually make for a funner show.

A review of the comics: http://bookmarcsonline.blogspot.com/2009/12/elvis-must-die.html

“The idea is elegantly simple, and oddly compelling. The hundreds of thousands of Elvis impersonators across the world are all part of an unofficial secret service. Trained and run by The King himself, it picks any one of them at any time to carry out suicide missions for the good of the country.”

1 Like

Way cooler than a cat selfie app! And I’d watch too if I watched series ( I don’t).

Wait, are we not talking about Elvis Costello?

None of this makes sense unless we’re talking about Elvis Costello.

1 Like

Sod this, where’s my 80’s Saturday-morning-style Ramones cartoon?

1 Like

So, kinda like Hannah Montana?

Nixon masks were a thing in Japan before President Nixon was.
Long live the King