New GOP ad for Michigan governor targets the elder biker outlaw segment

I knew a guy who worked sales at a Harley dealership. He said it was the worst job he ever had. Every day the dentists would come in to buy their mid-life-crisis machines (or Hell’s Accountants as they’d sometimes be called), all while Lynyrd Skynyrd played on endless loop in the show room.

Those bikes are stupid. I like motorcycles, but Harleys are just stupid.

9 Likes

As my friend Marcus liked to put it, “Pre-war technology from Milwaukee. And we’re talking WW one here.”

7 Likes

My partner just calls them motorized ironing boards, but I think that’s unfair to a pretty specialized piece of equipment that isn’t horribly overpriced.

5 Likes

I mean, they don’t even ride well. They’re uncomfortable, too heavy, and handle like garbage. People buy them because they are loud and they want to feel like a bad ass. For that the rest of us are to be forever tortured in our otherwise quiet neighborhoods.

6 Likes

Same here in the U.K. My brother’s a member of a bike club, named after Ogri, a cartoon biker character in a British motorcycle magazine. He was adopted by military personnel based at Osnabrük in Germany, but it was made clear by the Hell’s Angels that they could only wear colours if it said MCC, instead of MC, and even then there are certain parts of the country where that dispensation isn’t respected by some outlaw bikers.
Not all Ogri members are ex/serving military, my brother isn’t, one was an RAF minister, who blessed my brothers wedding. Some are serving military whose branch isn’t, let’s say, openly advertised.

5 Likes

Damn, I should wear my reading glasses; I read that as ‘humping Kid Rock’!

2 Likes

It’s not that bad. After all it’s mostly reparieren, polieren, präsentieren - which leaves little time to have to actually ride them.

4 Likes

11 Likes

thanks! Mucho chuckles…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.