New Jeopardy host Mike Richards quits after podcast with sexist and antisemitic jokes surfaces

That Nazi collaborator past could be problematic.

21 Likes

Or at least let it rest for a few years, as happened between Art Fleming and Alex Trebek.

6 Likes

Ah, The Critic! Thanks for that.

2 Likes

I have a hard time supporting Bialik due her antivaccine “I breast feed, so that’s unnecessary” stance. That said, Richards is an asshole who needs to be gone.

23 Likes

I read someone somewhere suggest Kareem Abdul Jabbar and I’ve not been able to think of anyone else in the spot since picturing that. At least get him to guest for a week.

8 Likes

He’s probably only available during layovers…

16 Likes

There’s hope I guess. It was starting to look like the show died with Alex.

1 Like

They’d have to re-design the lectern, and plus he gets really surly when he gets migraines. Let’s face it, there’s no candidate who is beyond reproach.

4 Likes

Sadly that’s the tip of her pseudoscience iceberg. She also promotes “extreme attachment parenting” and all manner of other woo. She’s way in the deep end of nonsense, but most people only know her as an actress on popular TV shows. She’s been a menace in the science communication community for a decade, despite having once been an actual neurologist.

23 Likes

I really don’t know who all hosted the guest shows, but if they didn’t invite Danica McKellar they should have. Smart as hell, speaks multiple languages, and wisely turned down appearances on both Celebrity Wife Swap and The Apprentice.

16 Likes

She’s a PhD neuroscientist, not a neurologist. And she still is one, frightening as that is. She has knowledge and training, but still holds these crazy-ass beliefs. No clue.

26 Likes

Not the first Michael Richards to destroy his career by saying racist garbage.

30 Likes

Probably not, since apparently the reason for her part-time role is that she has other projects on her plate. That being said, her Kat show is pretty bad, and despite being renewed she might soon have more free time.

2 Likes

So what about Kareem Abdul Jabbar behind the lectern, with Mugsy Bogues sitting on the lectern with his pockets stuffed full of Imitrex and medical cannabis while holding the notes at the right height?

1 Like

Her podcast is a dumpster fire too. I watched a video of her talking to Hayley Williams a few months back about mental health and I started to wonder to myself who can put their own brain through that mess listening to that. I had to quit about a half hour in. (Yes there’s a lot of science about the gut biome brain connection but holy crap it sounded like a completely jumbled mess the way she talked about it).

6 Likes

Sort of incredible that there’s a higher bar for the host of Jeopardy! keeping their job than for POTUS.

22 Likes

Beat me to it!

4 Likes
1 Like

At the very least, he should be the new voice of the Final Jeopardy jingle.

7 Likes

Did no one else find LeVar Burton’s delivery awkward & forced; and he was my hoped-for choice (maybe it’s just my AS…)? Some were just bad, like Oz & Robin Roberts, others were fair to middling based on the shoes they’re filling, but Richards should have never been considered; I found him the least engaging of all the temp hosts.

4 Likes