New Jersey radio hosts suspended over racist remarks

I can be pretty bad too. And I am not above using someones ethnicity to try to get the person to know who I am talking about (usually with movies or something). But I am not on a media show. And I know enough to at least mention he’s sikh (who are pretty fucking cool, IMO) and to approach it tactfully. Yeah, for a radio show like that, zero reason to act like that. Google it. Get your producer to get the info before hand. They have people behind the scenes for just this.

2 Likes

“Hey, we’re entertainers, not journalists. We were just kidding around, joking. Those PC liberals really have to lighten up!”

[I would be willing to wager cash this is almost word-for-word what their response would be to your question]

10 Likes

New Jersey? Radio hosts? Racist remarks?

4 Likes

I think RMPL’orangeskin needs to find himself a better truthspinner.

(Top marks for “RMPL’orangeskin”)

2 Likes

He does what he can with what’s at tiny hand, I guess. He has to find the ones who are willing, after all.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the station they work for has a long, ugly history of targeting everyone in Democratic administrations in NJ - including the governor. Florio tolerated it, because at first they hid their true agenda. I remember when their talk radio shows turned into something so hateful and divisive that it was disturbing to realize that the callers lived near me. I’m glad that since they’ve shown their true colors, the current administration isn’t putting up with it:

8 Likes

But they are almost exclusively South Asian (specifically, Punjabi) and are often recognised as an ethnic group, e.g. for the purposes of British law against racial discrimination (Mandla v Dowell-Lee, 1982).

Do you think the ridicule and disrespect shown here had more to do with a considered rejection of the panj kakaar or with the Attorney General’s brown skin?

13 Likes

Not all of us down here are racists, thanks.

5 Likes

The fact that he couldn’t “remember” his name and called him out for his head gear is directly associated with the dudes skin color. THAT is racist.

11th-doc-this

or what you said!

7 Likes

What they meant to say:
“When you change your appearance to something I find acceptable I will acknowledge you as a fellow human being.”

2 Likes

I’m going to go right off topic with euansmith - that Wendy Pini article was an excellent piece of writing, heartfelt and comprehensive. Elfquest has never been for me as the art style doesn’t match my tastes, but it’s an important landmark in the world of comics, and I’ve always loved learning about people’s creative processes. Many thanks.

1 Like

4 Likes

I work very closely with the office where Mr. Grewal was employed prior to becoming Attorney General and had the opportunity to work with him. He is the epitome of professionalism, is remarkably intelligent, yet very approachable. I say this because he is the exact polar opposite of the two incompetent asses that managed to show their true colors on a national forum. I have had the unfortunate pleasure of listing to these two on car rides with others and they are as sad as they sound. Getting aced couldn’t have happened to a couple of nicer people :wink:

3 Likes

Axed?

­

Per the article, it was “a segment about the nation’s first Sikh to hold the position” [as attorney general of New Jersey].
I think it is safe to assume that this information reached WKXW-FM via a press release by the AG’s office or by an official spokesperson, what have you.
I think it is also safe to assume that this information contained Mr. Grewa’s name and further information on his career and person.

Just another day on the job for Crazy Ira and the Douche!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.