New Jersey radio hosts suspended over racist remarks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/26/new-jersey-radio-hosts-suspend.html

9 Likes

Seriously? They couldn’t take 10 seconds to google “New Jersey attorney general”?

12 Likes

I empathize with the not being able to remember a name…because I seriously have a hard time remembering peoples names.

But given the fact that I am not a racist dick…I don’t ever recall saying anything other than “I am so sorry, I am terrible at remembering names, please forgive me”.

10 Likes

“Listen, and if that offends you then don’t wear the turban and maybe I’ll remember your name."

So much xenophobia and entitlement all packed into one sentence

28 Likes

Hey, @beschizza, I justed wanted to thank you for blogging, “The Weird of Wendy Pini”. I can’t work out how to, or if, I can comment on blog posts. It was a really interesting read. I was never in to Elf Quest, but that doesn’t stop your post being an interesting window in to the life and struggles of one of comics’ great innovators. I like that she seems to have retained a powerful sense of humour through out her life.

Meanwhile, on the subject at hand here, I really wish that those radio hosts had taken a good long, hard look at themselves before insulting the Attorney General. I guess it is good that they targeted someone who was in such a position that it got them in to hot water. Would they have been canned if they’d been insulting someone in a less exalted position?

7 Likes

3 Likes

So in today’s news a couple of racist radio hosts, whose names escape me, got in trouble for making racist comment. Listen, and if that offends you, then don’t make racist comments and I’ll remember your names.

21 Likes

Racism isn’t cute. It’s just racist."

Roger That!

15 Likes

Why bother when you can have the momentary satisfaction of a racist remark that could destroy your career?

22 Likes

Thanks! It does have its own thread but it’s not linked to very obviously from within:

3 Likes

It takes a special kind of dumbass to publicly try that shit with someone in a position of actual power; White privilege may be “a helluva drug” but it still doesn’t make anyone ‘completely invincible’ or immune to consequences for such flagrant stupidity.

Also, it can’t be reiterated enough about these kinds of bigots:

23 Likes

Racism aside, that doesn’t even make sense. I’m terrible with names too but I’d never say “I would have remembered that person’s name if they didn’t have any other memorable features.” Was it a magical amnesia-turban?

16 Likes

Yes, I know Sikhs aren’t Muslims, but the ignoratti of the alt-reich don’t.

29 Likes

I’m certain what they looked at is the enabling in our country of racists, the election to the highest office in the country of a racist, misogynistic, pathological liar, the continuing and unflagging support of that “RMPL” by his base, and they figured now was the time to let their true selves shine.

That acronym made me think of “RMPL’orangeskin” : a repulsive tiny-handed creature that gets women to spin lies into truth. Hmm.

"I’m just going to say the guy with the turban,” Malloy said. “Listen, and if that offends you then don’t wear the turban and maybe I’ll remember your name.”

I never knew that a turban caused memory loss in racists. I wonder if that can be weaponized?

10 Likes

“don’t wear the turban and maybe I’ll remember your name.”

Suuure, the turban made him forget the guy’s name. It wasn’t that he had a non-WASP name that he couldn’t be bothered to remember.

Especially since what he really meant was “Have a WASP name and I’ll remember it.”

Maybe they did, but when one’s head is wedged up one’s backside, the view is only the inside of one’s rectum. It’s not proper self-reflection, because everything just looks shitty.

12 Likes

Next time you forget the Attorney General’s name, you could just call him…Attorney General?

4 Likes

True. But that would show respect. They didn’t want to show respect.

13 Likes

Another NJ-ite who acted on the “I’m in the South, now, bitch” mentality.

I imagine HR is suffering through their entire show, and some poor miserable intern/PA is transcribing it.

1 Like

Sikhs are not a race.

3 Likes