New Jersey woman mad at long lines in vehicle office smashes computers and kicks cops

Not all heroes wear capes.

1 Like

A great life policy in general! Works wonders in so many situations, AND makes the world a better, nicer place to live in. :slight_smile: Thank you for the reminder.

5 Likes

Yea the scheduling always puts you way off, so I’ve opted to just take a day to stand in line. In the two cases I’ve been it never took that long.

Joseph was later found to have a PCP-laced marijuana cigarette in her possession

4 Likes

NJ is at the technology cutting edge…of 1950. We’re just starting to implement REAL ID. It’s still in the review stage and only issued in certain locations. I tried to book a slot, but they only book 3 months out and EVERY slot is taken for every location and has been for months. You would think this was rocket science.

Won’t the airlines start requiring RealID soon?

I’m guessing that various states will try requiring it at voting locations.

2 Likes

Nothing short of armed gunmen bursting in would speed up those lines, and even then, some folks aren’t going to budge.

My favorite NY DMV fact (and one which kept me renewing my out of state license for the first 6 years I lived in the city) is the requirement that you must have your original paper social security card to get a NY state drivers license. You know, the one you got 40+ years ago. Finally I was going through some boxes and there, in an old wallet, was my long lost SS card so I was able to take only 3 or 4 hours to exchange my out of state license for a NY one. In that time I saw at least a dozen people gleefully turned away for not having the original paper SS card.

Note that the Social Security Administration says right on its website there is no need to have a paper card and it is quite difficult to get a replacement.

5 Likes

October - but the TSA pre-check line at Boston airport (terminal B) has decided that they will enforce the requirement now (in the time honored tradition of the TSA just making up their own rules).

If you don’t have a real ID license they kick you back to the regular security line

2 Likes

That’s great advice and something I endorse and follow as well

Of course, you only get the chance to follow it after 3-4 hours at the CT DMV because it takes that long to actually speak to a person.

This is for crazy, weird, out of the ordinary stuff like exchanging a license for one from a neighboring state, or registering a car that has been purchased off a lease. Unusual, strange things that must only happen 20 or 30 times a day

2 Likes

New Jersey vehicle registrations are printed at wallet size on an envelope sized card. For as long as I can remember the edges of the document were perforated so that the registration could easily be separated from the larger card. Several years ago my renewed registration was not perforated. I wrote MVS asking why not and got a response saying that the perforation machines had worn out and parts were no longer available. The letter suggested I use a pair of scissors to trim the card.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.