New KKK organization open to people of color, Jews, LGBT

Damn you beat me to it. . .

That is odd. I wonder how. . .

"I was told once upon a time that the Klan was originally a social club founded by former Confederate leaders. . . "

Oh, wait. There it is.

2 Likes

Mr. Show proves once again that they were years ahead of the rest of America.

You know. . . if you want to start a new organization not connected to racism, violence and vigilantism, (or the American South for that matter), then WHY even call it a “new branch of the KKK?”

Are hoods and robes in style now or something?

2 Likes

They’ve always been in style

Racism was part of the organization from the beginning but In the 1920s they were mainstream enough to take out newspaper ads and get corporate sponsors for public parades. Here’s one from 1924:

I’m not sure what “Naturalization after parade” means. A guided nature walk? Swearing in new U.S. citizens? Clothing-optional recreation?

I’m also a little skeptical about the “Everybody Welcome” part.

2 Likes

Anyone tasked with convincing a black or Jewish person not to join the KKK has really got their work cut out for them.

Klan picnic prominently sponsored by Ford dealers. Henry Ford’s antisemitic propaganda inspired the early Nazi party and got him the civilian version of The Iron Cross.

4 Likes

So ironic considering that Henry Ford only wanted to build black cars.

18 Likes

I came to make the same joke.

Except the one thing that unites all three is their racism, anti-Semitism, and anti-Catholicism. They have historically been about white supremacy (defined as anglo-saxon, protestant). So, this guy really is bringing some new into the mix, though it’s still rather insane… and I doubt you could ever disconnect the KKK from its history.

1 Like

I always thought the Chapelle show sketch was funny - when they guys head explodes, I always lose it:

1 Like

If you ever look at the SPLC map of Klan groups it’s kind of funny because there are names like “The Podunk Knights Of The Klan” and the “The Original Podunk Knights Of The Klan,” and “The New Podunk Knights Of The Klan,” and “The Reformed Podunk Knights Of The Klan,” because apparently they just can’t get along with each other.

4 Likes

This sounds great for people of color who enjoy recreational cross-burning on their own lawns, or for self-loathing Jewish Holocaust deniers.

2 Likes

It’ll never work (under the name KKK) but I can’t help but grin very broadly over how this must upset the other Klan branches.

4 Likes

How else do they have “races contests”?

7 Likes

The sack race event involves putting people of different races in burlap sacks. You don’t even want to know about the tractor pull.

8 Likes

First thought: “what the everloving shit is this right here?”

Then I read some comments and I recalled SHARPs (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice) which in my day was sort of the opposite to a gateway into neo-fascism and hate groups as a lot of their members were former racist skins. So I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he wants to help transition people out of the traditional KKK?

Then I remember that he’s keeping the “KKK” branding and not coming up with a cool acronym. So I went back to my first thought.

1 Like

Once you get past the whole skin color thing, blacks, latinos, and jews are just as xenophobically anti-immigrant and right wing as anyone else.

LGBT is a headscratcher though. That’s usually one of the things they can all agree to hate.

2 Likes