Publisher of Alabama newspaper calls for the Klan to ride on DC with "hemp ropes"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/18/terrorist-sympathizer.html

6 Likes

6 Likes

Fuck 45 for making it okay to publicly spout off this shit. Fuck this asshole because he owns the paper and probably wont face any consequences.

Are we tired of all the winning yet?

53 Likes

Seems like a good thread for some history:

The Klan has never been far from power. The Confederacy lost the war but won the peace.

27 Likes

…Democrats got us into World War I and World War II.

Let’s be real: he isn’t mad that the Democrats got the United States into World War II, he’s mad because we didn’t side with the Nazis.

37 Likes

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

18 Likes

I think this is probably it. Comments like his and Candace Owens’ show just how much the right would like to rehabilitate past racist/genocidal movements.

Living in France the last few years, I’ve had the distinct impression that the only fundamental objection the Rassemblement national (formerly Front national) had to the Nazi atrocities in France is that they were perpetrated by foreigners…

13 Likes

So this gentleman believes the Klan was actual a multiracial vigilante group (that he tacitly approves of) according to ‘Slaves just freed after the Civil War were not stupid. At times they borrowed their former masters’ robes and horses and rode through the night to frighten some evil doer’. OK got it.

2 Likes

Posting text as an image is really poor interneting: unsearchable, rubbish for people using Braille interfaces or text-to-speech…

3 Likes

You have a point.

Here’s the relevant text:

14 Likes

Another relevant vid about Wilson and the Klan:

7 Likes
7 Likes

Just another white terrorist

12 Likes

Wow that’s some serious revisionism. Why does the right hate American history so much?

7 Likes

If the Klan ride out with “hemp ropes”, won’t the godless Commies steal the ropes and smoke them?

15 Likes

Because it’s not on their side

22 Likes

Founded 1911, and they couldn’t be arsed to change the name later.

7 Likes

because the historians were not avowedly with them in all things.

1 Like

I like his hi-tech setup with that newfangled cathode ray tube display.

The hemp ropes are a concession to the environmentalists in the movement.

3 Likes