New Las Vegas housing development names streets after Pokémon

Originally published at: New Las Vegas housing development names streets after Pokémon | Boing Boing

1 Like

As long as it’s effective…

1 Like

That’s a great way to get sued by Nintendo

7 Likes

I hope the HOA does not have any rules against tall grass…

6 Likes

I tried searching to see if brand or trademarked names can be used in street names and couldn’t find what i was looking for so i have no idea if this is permissible or not.

On another note Las Vegas does have some cool street names. I used to live in Anthem, near Henderson and that neighborhood had astronomical/science themed street names and always made me happy when i drove by. It would be pretty rad to live in this pokemon neighborhood.

4 Likes

Good luck getting dominoes to deliver to 15402 Squirtle Lane.

1 Like

I would think more romances would bloom on Lickitung Street…

2 Likes

I think it’s super effective.

4 Likes

…a developer needs to figure out how many roads there will be, and then submit twice as many names for them, in case some can’t be used for any reason.

It’s not the first time Harmony Homes have used interesting themes to name roads on their developments - in North Las Vegas you can find a neighbourhood made up of Paw Patrol inspired streets!

Lots of choices with Pokemon, but as already noted you’ll probably get a cease & desist regardless of whether a law has actually been broken. If it’s just the characters, Paw Patrol seems more limited, but you’re more likely to get away with it.

If they weren’t limited to Generation I, Luvdisc had a saccharine 'dex entry.

We can’t stop here, this is Zubat country.

2 Likes

This is a disallowed prompt on bing image creator

2 Likes

As it turns out, someone already captioned the anime.

1 Like

In my subdivision they bulldozed the native prarie then named all the streets after the extirpated plants.

2 Likes

When you Gotta catch 'em all! it helps to know what street they live on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.