New 'Looney Tunes Cartoons' are on the way

This is why I hope they’ll leave Foghorn Leghorn alone.

Unless they get somebody good - and I mean very good

This was just in the past few (well, 6 or 8) years, but I liked watching John & Faith Hubley cartoons I hadn’t otherwise seen – I had seen them as a kid on Sesame Street , but it wasn’t until I had kids that I realized how many of those were from the same studio (also “Letterman” from Electric Company). For example, E-Imagination:

…but those public domain DVDs had more, going back farther than I had realized they’d been working:
Moonbird (1959) won an Oscar:

(not on my DVDs, but…) Voyage to Next (1974) had Maureen Stapleton and Dizzy Gillespie (the latter worked on many of their cartoons):

Perhaps Maurice LaMarche, the voice actor known for (among other things) the Hyper-Chicken lawyer from Futurama?

1 Like

That’s what you remember when you think Maurice LaMarche?

1 Like

More like that’s who I think of when I try to imagine an actor to take over the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. Though Billy West could probably pull it off too.

2 Likes

Darn, all these years I assumed Genndy was a girl’s name (probably very western of me) and loved the idea that a lady was behind Dexter and Powerpuff etc. Learn something new evey day, etc. but am a tiny bit disappointed now :-/

I’m pretty sure his first name is pronounced as in “Morris” but me and my fellow P&tB friend-fans always thought of him as French-style “Maureece”, it seemed to add to that whole exotic Brain mystique. Great, great actor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.