New official US government UFO report released, and sightings are way up

Originally published at: New official US government UFO report released, and sightings are way up | Boing Boing

2 Likes
4 Likes

Why anyone in the government would listen to the Alien Poltergeists Ate My Homework guy is beyond me.

Bigelow has made political donations to conservative Republican candidates. In July 2022, he donated $10 million to Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, which was the single biggest donation of his re-election bid. Bigelow has contributed over $25 million to groups and causes supporting Joe Lombardo’s candidacy for governor of Nevada. Campaign finance experts believe this may be the most a single donor has spent on a statewide race in modern history.

3 Likes

This motivates me to continue working on my non-fiction book proposal, “Conspiracies are dumb: how 60 years of stupid CIA schemes put a pop-punk singer in charge of UFOs,” tracing the direct line from MK Ultra to Hal Puthoff to Uri Geller to Robert Bigelow to Tom Delonge.

10 Likes

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Will read. Please write that.

5 Likes

Don’t forget The Monroe Institute, Andrija Puharich, Stanford Research Institute, Esalen Institute, Albert “Bert” Newton Stubblebine III etc.

2 Likes

UFO reports from news outlets around the world tend to wind up in Odd Stuff:

All this is making me want to rewatch Don’t Look Up. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m playing XCOM 2 right now, and at one point there’s a conversation you overhear between your team’s research scientist and the operations leader on your ship. It goes basically: “the reason people are agreeing to gene therapy by the alien organization is because it gives them the chance to cure old age and the common cold and horrible diseases. Wouldn’t you take that choice?” “We’re offering them freedom, not being slaves to aliens!” “Well, hopefully the general public understands the difference.”

I just thought that was somehow appropriate for this conversation and the state of the world right now.

All deniers are in for a big surprise as soon as everyone starts carrying around high-tech, high-resolution portable digital cameras… just you wait and see.

5 Likes

Yes, and he had Harry Reid in his pocket as well.

1 Like

Is this the one time xkcd is wrong?

4 Likes

Did ODNI have to use the phrase “ballon-like entities”? That’s just going to rile up the true believers up even more.

1 Like

New official US government UFO report released, and sightings are way up

well… they are flying after all.

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monsterkidclassichorrorforum/overlords-of-the-ufo-1977-t33560.html

You can watch it here:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.