UFO IPO-182 – Take me to your dealer: the Pentagon UFO story, crowdfunding, and Blink-182

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/18/ufo-ipo-182-take-me-to-you.html

1 Like

If you Blink, you’ll miss it.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of money to be made off credulous fools. Unfortunately, thanks to Harry Reid, $22 million of that money was our tax dollars. :angry:

3 Likes

And former OT-VII Scientologist.

3 Likes

I am a bit of a UFO skeptic, but was really excited about them when I was a kid. I just read about this on Digg, and I was all “Holy Shit!”. I wondered if there was something about it on BoingBoing. While not at all surprising that this is some sort of scam, I did get 10 minutes of excitement over “unknown alloys” and such. This is what I read: http://digg.com/2017/ufo-evidence-pentagon

The Military Contractor That Ran The Program Collected Unexplainable Alloys From UFOs

Bigelow Aerospace, the Nevada-based company that received most of the Pentagon funding for the UFO research project, reportedly collected mysterious alloys from UFOs that physically affected people who interacted with them.

That sounds like classic saucer woo. Hopefully they have saucer-stigmata samples that don’t match pop cans melted with a torch.

1 Like

can anyone tell me more about the requirements to be, and what it means to be, a “Public Benefit Corporation”? im having trouble knowing if this is the same as a “Benefit Corporation”, and my google searches are failing me… lots of results, not sure which ones are related to each other.

Isn’t this how Stranger Things started out?

Dr. Hal Puthoff has always stood behind his research with Uri Geller. He swears that Geller is the real deal, and that people who say otherwise are part of some kind of smear campaign. Also, Randi has been shown to be a fraud.

I had to create an account just to thank you for this comment.

Hal Puthoff was a researcher at the Stanford Research Institute when he became involved with creating the Remove Viewing program with Ingo Swann. His credentials seem pretty solid to me. Randi on the other hand is a huge lying fraud who has no college degree of any kind and for the life of me I can’t figure out why otherwise intelligent want to make him the last word on what’s possible and not possible in physical reality.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.