Pentagon releases UFO footage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/28/pentagon-confirms-that-the-guy.html

Pentagon confirms that the guy from Blink-182 was right about UFOs. Unless he’s a patsy.

1 Like

I dunno, the backlighting on the “object” is pretty convenient

Here is what I’ve learned about any kind of paranormal/UFO person:

They are all trying to get rich and famous.

3 Likes

Huh, I would have guessed that if any ‘90s west coast alt-rock band was going to be on the forefront of UFO research it would be the Foo Fighters.

13 Likes

I don’t know about this Blink-182 stuff, but, courtesy a commenter on slashdot, here are three great examinations of these UFOs that are quite thorough and convincingly attribute this to regular jet aircraft, weather balloons, lens flare on a gimballed camera, parallax/perspective, and noisy sensors.

11 Likes

So is there a TL;DR somewhere of what Delonge found out? (Beyond the videos, I mean)

I just want to point out that Brett Crozier, the captain of the USS Roosevelt, who was recently forced out was himself a fighter pilot aboard the USS Nimitz during the 2004 incident included among these. You think he was forced out because of COVID?

WAKE. UP. SHEEPLE!

14 Likes

Everyone: Wow, Trump has lost all of his shit, and now he’s going to kill West Point graduates for fun.

Pentagon Brass: ZOMG! Look over here! UFOs! For realizies! ZOMG!

7 Likes

So you’re saying that … Blink-182 is responsible for coronavirus? Honestly I wouldn’t be that surprised.

4 Likes

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

3 Likes

I mean, yes, these videos are probably just experimental aircraft.

But as Tom Delonge himself once said: “We all know conspiracies are dumb.”

3 Likes

Man, as someone who was quite a fan of Blink when they were still cool* I was sad to see Delonge go so far of the deep end. This actually a uplifting read. He seems way less kooky here (not sane, but less batshit crazy and more slightly deluded).

*Opinions vary on whether this moment has ever happened. I got to know then around 2001

1 Like

Or covering up for a personal embarrassing tragedy

As usual Mitchell and Webb go straight to the important bits

5 Likes

I never paid them much heed when they were first big, but have been kind of digging on them lately. “I Miss You”, particularly, is a really lovely song.

1 Like

except this guy was already a literal rock star before that

3 Likes

He was a rock star.

4 Likes

I think that’s why I’ve been tracking this story so obsessively. Delonge basically became a caricature of himself between 2005 and 2015 … and now it turns out, he may have been right? Or at least, he was smart enough to maneuver all of this stuff into weird business venture. Which is its own form of crazy genius, I guess.

2 Likes

871a7c3f-23e3-4876-a4b4-1bfd143e02f2_text1

2 Likes

Watch now the three UFO videos uncovered by Blink-182 star – and today officially released by the Pentagon

2 Likes