New Orleans Saints fan destroys TV with a single punch

Not unless that stone is a total bell-end and is feckin’ askin’ for it!!!

I don’t know if I would call refraining from smashing televisions a virtue. Most of us have that same virtue. It’s not much to brag about.

4 Likes

Sure it has, but a movie has never made me want to break things or punch someone in the face.

I hope you’re not directing this at me.

It’s not so much the not smashing of televisions as it is the “I don’t like sports and therefore people who do are a mystery and/or inferior and/or easily manipulated” type attitude.

2 Likes

I like sports. I still don’t understand the anger.

3 Likes

This is what I am talking about:

The implication is that liking sports is a personality defect. Of course it’s not good to smash your TV over sports.

1 Like

As a lifelong Saints diehard, let me explain. Saints football is not a game. I watched the end of that game, as I do many, standing and pacing in front of the tv. The Saints are more engrained in the New Orleans community than any team anywhere in the U.S. Most of us didn’t break things, but all were crushed

4 Likes

No virtue here. I wasn’t raised around sports and I don’t get people very well so it’s a mystery to me but lower on my priority of things to learn about than others. I do have a history of anger issues though and the kind of phenomenally frail/weak body to make dealing with them absolutely necessary. Can’t relate to smashing a TV but only because I’d have broken my hand. It gets better with age and lots of work. Lots of work. Any kind of deep emotional shock can make that work exponentially harder. So… yeah… I get it Saints guy. Sorry about the TV. Bet he felt like an ass taking that thing off the wall later… :sweat:.

1 Like

That dude is no saint.

3 Likes

The blown call bothers me, too. And I couldn’t care less about football! I just hate unfairness.

2 Likes

Sorry but to be clear, it actually is a game.

A girl has to have her standards…

2 Likes

I can enjoy sports, and I was pretty bummed out multiple years when the Red Sox got eliminated in the playoffs (including from some bad calls that favored the hated Yankees), but life goes on, don’t wreck your own stuff, don’t trash your own neighborhood, etc. (Those days are long gone now. Seems like we win something every year, and we’re getting spoiled.)

Football fans are different than baseball fans. I think most fans (outside of LA or New England) wanted to see a KC vs. NOLA Super Bowl, I think the league wanted it too for ratings (whereas the MLB always wants to see two big markets face each other for the World Series, NYC vs. LA for example.) Personally I like seeing cities that never won anything get a sports trophy.

I would have liked to see a Saints/Patriots Super Bowl-- it would be the ultimate battle of church vs. state.

Blown calls are part of the game, too. Though there are now situations where a dubious call can be “challenged” by a dissatisfied team, there is no recourse for a non-call.

Now he gets to buy a TV with more pixels, so it’s a win.

6 Likes

all i’m saying is, my video game and D&D playing has gotten a seriously bad rap as being weird, when it’s clearly not nearly as weird as this.

4 Likes

Huh. Well, since you decided to use a snippet of my comment to support your earlier claim that:

when I never said that, don’t think it, and don’t have that attitude, let’s go.

Implication, or inference?

Believe me, I catch FAR MORE SHIT for disliking sports than you are EVER going to catch for liking sports. I work in an office surrounded by people who love sports; from UFC, to football, to competitive fly fucking fishing. But I don’t go into the office thinking that makes them weaker people than me.

That said, my problem isn’t with people that like sports. My wife likes sports, and I love her. As do many of my friends and family. I don’t think any of them are “inferior” as you put it in an earlier reply. If I think someone is inferior, that conclusion is based on their actions, and not their tastes.

My problem is with fans that get violent when their team loses, and violent when their team wins. And instead of owning up to their violence, they write it off as part of being a good sports fan.

So when I said…

What I meant was that once the adrenaline fades, and he’s looking at his busted tv and bruised knuckles, he might be thinking, “This is all the Saints fault for losing!” and not, “I really need to learn how to calm my tits.” But that’s also just me guessing, maybe he’s totally self aware.

tumblr_ox7y9jsl251u501aoo3_400 .

3 Likes

What has made you want to break things or punch somebody in the face?

If interested… google “sports fan psychology”. The easy answer to fandom is that the pride, success, attitude, etc is somehow transferred to the fan. If the team is successful, then the fan is successful or doing something right. If the team loses, that can be unfulfilled wants and dreams and can bring in all other levels of personal issues. (this isn’t a slight at sports fans, we all do it- need the right clothes, cars, house, the right logo on the back of our phones, etc, all feeding our survival instincts in the modern era)

Of course there are other fans that enjoy the actual game play and never made that personal connection, or may have learned to let some of that personal relationship go over time.

Also remember that through natural selection the human race has been perpetuated by aggression, conquering, etc. Is this reaction really that much of a surprise??

A very unfortunate consequence is that domestic violence also increases on game day.

3 Likes