New royal line of succession

Halloween Chefs Kiss GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

8 Likes

So, unless more contestants are created we’re looking at a guy in his 70s who could croak from the stress of a new job at any time, a man in his 40s who is probably looking to increase that stress level as much as possible, and a bunch of children. Whee!

5 Likes

After them we have Prince Sweaty, who will have the most hardened monarchists saying that a republic doesn’t sound that bad.

17 Likes

Actually, I was thinking Wednesday Addams.

10 Likes

16 Likes

Kate needs to have a couple more kids ASAP to keep those American citizens further down the line.

5 Likes

Williams kids are just a buffer to keep bodies between him and his brother right?

3 Likes

I suspect Putin thinks he can make a place for himself in the line, as well. Right in front of them all!

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Meh… it’s the 21st century and they have access to excellent health care… they have more than enough kids to keep Archie or Lillibet off the throne…

6 Likes

I don’t care how they do it but they really need to keep the royal hatmaker in business. The queen had great hats and wore them well.

8 Likes

The key to having a successful royal court is erecting silly laws that artificially encumber the line of succession and thus produce pretenders-- ideally infant pretenders so that they might be better manipulated by their faction.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Of course this all makes perfect sense. Nothing wrong with monarchies at all.

8 Likes

Don’t be so sure.

9 Likes

A recent documentary

6 Likes

sigh, and here i thought he was successfully excluded already.

3 Likes

Or could we see a successful reboot of the sitcom Family Ties! We already know the cast well enough, the episodes would write themselves!

2 Likes

What a wonderful film, “I always say my West window has all the exuberance of Chaucer without, happily, any of the concomitant crudities of his period.”

3 Likes

He would be encouraged to abdicate, just like his Nazi great uncle. He isn’t required to accept though, although precedence says that bad things will happen if he became king.

There is a small part of me that finds the idea of a civil war between Prince Andrew and Prince Edward amusing. The Royal Marines would probably join the republican faction.

9 Likes

And here I thought @beschizza was going to reveal he was a secret royal love child.

4 Likes