New royal line of succession

Clearly no-one here is an actual-blue-blood-brit.
The line of ascendancy is as follows:

1. Paul McCartney

2. Benedict Cumberbatch

3. Danny Dyer

4. Ben Whishaw

5. Roland Rat

6. Jeremy Vine

4 Likes

Wot, no Marvelman?

2 Likes

ChuckV, huh?

So you’re next but one?

4 Likes

No one can pull off a crown like this guy, too bad he hasn’t been in the running for a while.

Dr1LXblXcAMI33q

3 Likes

Royal succession

13 Likes

This really needs vertical axis labels of the year so that I can see if the names connect to anything in pop culture when the Corgis were born. I am looking at you Disco.

It would be much more convenient than having to read through Genesis 5a in the Anglican Bible, which goes into enormous and tedious detail about all of the corgi-begetting.

5 Likes

And of course that change was non-trivial, because it involved changing the laws of multiple Commonwealth nations. And it only involves people born AFTER the law was passed. So prince Edward’s son would inherit before his older sister. (14th and 15th in line)

2 Likes

Headlong, by Emlyn Williams the book it was based on wasn’t bad, but King Ralph was AWFUL.

2 Likes

Nah, he’s ginger; he’d have to have the same dad as Harry.

1 Like

I guess the corgis would be replaced with some of those Klingon monster dogs like the one Christopher Lloyd’s character had in Star Trek III.

7 Likes

We’re all on the list somewhere, right? In the grand scheme of things, my cat and I are quite near on the line of succession, compared to ferns and toadstools.

12 Likes

I am assuming that the family gathering is a funeral for the other 50,000,000,000th cousin that was brutally murdered and then mutilated to have a place to set a wine glass?

6 Likes

Yes, it’s just that some of us are closer than others. I only have to go back a few generations to find a minor member of the royal family, but a lot of people in Britain would be able to find a link to Alfred the Great.

I should probably point out that I was an anarcho-communist before Liz died and that belief hasn’t disappeared, despite earlier jokes I have zero interest in taking the throne even if the Powers that Be were desperate enough to consider me.

7 Likes

5 Likes

I haven’t seen it since then, but my eight year old self disagrees! :wink:

(Actually, I’m sure you’re right which is why I haven’t watched it again)

3 Likes

6 Likes

Pah, you’ve missed out Sandi Toksvig, Sue Perkins, Richard Ayoade, Peter Capaldi, and Garnet from Steven Universe.

3 Likes

That’s for sensible people, not for us.

1 Like

Fair.

1 Like

I’ll note that since I’m an American, albeit of Scottish and Irish descent, my opinion on such doesn’t matter one bit, I’d be very much in favor of turning the monarchy over to a pack of corgis. You still get the figureheads, they’re overall a bit smarter, and far more useful than the group of humans currently occupying the role. They’d also be a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain!

5 Likes