Queen down to last corgi

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/04/queen-down-to-last-corgi.html

4 Likes

And when that last corgi falls to my blade, I shall take the thrown.
What happened? I just blacked out.

4 Likes

From the wikipedia page: “In March 1991, the Queen was bitten after trying to break up a fight between ten or so of her corgis. She had to have three stitches to her left hand.”

I kind of of think “ten or so” corgis is too many, even for a queen. And it seems to run in the family: “And in 1989, the Queen Mother’s dog, Ranger, led a pack of corgis that attacked and killed the Queen’s beloved dorgi, Chipper”

8 Likes

The woman does NOT want Charles to be king. She’ll outlive all her pets.

The world will end and the Queen will be the only one left standing.

14 Likes

Among the less wealthy and renowned, we call that number of animals hoarding and sic animal welfare agents on the person. Of course I suspect the crown corgis aren’t tied to cinder blocks and sheltering in old refrigerators behind the trailer.

4 Likes

I think this is very endearing, not wanting to make her dogs sad.

13 Likes

4 banana 3 banana 2 banana 1

can’t remember the rest of the song, but bet it rhymes with corgi.

5 Likes

The Queen, Betty White, Keith Richards, and possibly a few others will come together to fight for The Prize. [When I searched Google for “Keith Richards”, one of the question “People also ask” was “How is Keith Richards still alive?” :slight_smile: ]

19 Likes

Canine sacrifice?

1 Like

Is there a site up yet? Something along the lines of, “The Queen’s Corgi Watch”?

1 Like

Preparing the ground to plead temporary insanity? Nice!

Maybe she kept a bunch so that, all huddled together, they would act as a floofy cushion she could drop into if she ever keeled over.

4 Likes

Can they abolish the monarchy except for the Corgi and let the Corgi have a ceremonial/mascot role in Parliament?

6 Likes

Keith Richards, Rolling Stones

16 Likes

“Will Candy outlive Prince Philip? Share your thoughts in the comments!”
I think that comment is in bad taste.

3 Likes

Yeah, who bets on a dog dying…

2 Likes

I was always led to understand that the humble cockroach would be the only survivor in a post-apocalyptic scenario. Wait, don’t tell me, our majesty is made of…

POST REDACTED

2 Likes

She should get a few more - they’ll have each other when she goes. And they’re going to have a home regardless. Someone will take them in. And someone in her 90’s would likely enjoy their company especially at this time of life and with today’s isolation.

5 Likes

Or “Is Abe Vigoda Dead?” My favorite, then unfavorite, website.

2 Likes

Somebody threw a dorgi on to a blade? What?

2 Likes

You can access an additional, secret realm if you finish Ascension Island with exactly 100 seconds left on the clock while using the blue passport power-up. But it is forbidden

7 Likes