New UK flag revealed

Yeah, if you’re going to spend time finding factual errors in Daily Mash stories, you’re not going to get a lot else done.

It’s War!!! Salmond Builds 400 Mile Bridge To Attack Dutch

1 Like

Let’s learn about Euler Diagrams!

2 Likes

Now that is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

You should read the discussion over making it a Featured Picture. Politics, ahoy!

1 Like

What the UK needs now is a parliament that is not Westminster. That should be the English parliament.

Maybe it should be in York.

I wonder, though, if these near-misses aren’t sometimes interpreted as reassurance that there isn’t the political will for separation, so there’s not much need for conciliation.

and you forgot the tape

and the guard

Well, I would vote for Manchester, (centre of English football) and just as much a victim of London-centric Toryism as anywhere in Scotland.

My experience from when I was living in Cumbria was that Manchester cares for us as much as London.

If you want to move parliament closer to the Scottish border then why not move parliament to Carlisle? Even better, put it in between Longtown and Gretna, half in Scotland and half in England.

Back to the land of the Northumbrian Kings, I think. Have it in the Toon, man.

Berwick?

Carlisle wants to be Newcastle when it grows up. Isn’t that close enough?

1 Like

From The Economist

Of course, that was for the last election, when people were pissed at Labour, and hadn’t yet learned to scorn the Liberals.

Owa far, man. Jarra mebbes?

It’s like a UKIP version of Hexham with more smack

And it smells of cow-poo. Never liked the place, me.

Ten years ago the BNP said similar things to Ukip, and made no impact in any elections. Ukip might be more successful and keep their deposit. I doubt they will even manage that if they don’t get someone local to stand for them (this is part of the reason why Labour lost the seat at the last election, although I may be a little biased as a family friend lost out on the nomination by one vote.)

I agree about the smack. It seemed like everyone knew who to ask if they wanted some, even if they didn’t use it.

Except during foot and mouth, when we had the smell of burning cow and sheep and bright orange skies at night. It seemed like it took months to get that smell out of my hair.

The really bad smells come from the factory pig farms.

I was stuck there for 25 years. It was about as LGBTQ friendly as a small town in a US red state when I left and when I had to drop out of college because of ill health I threatened to sleep on the streets of Oxford rather than go back. I left the place 10 years ago next Friday and I will be celebrating the anniversary.

It’s the only home town I have, but I wish I didn’t. I wouldn’t care about the place and keep hoping it improves if I had grown up somewhere else. Besides, I still have family there, otherwise I would advocate nuking the place and starting again.

You didn’t think I was sending hundreds of politicians there as a reward, did you?

Aye,why, fair enough. I’m from Sunderland, so… :wink:

…Picts and spades…

I’ll just let myself out…