Scots welcome new Prime Minister Boris Johnson to Edinburgh

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/29/scots-welcome-new-prime-minist.html

13 Likes

They’re saying Booris Johnson.

53 Likes

But since he’s the U.K.'s Donald Trump, that was probably the BIGGEST and Best welome any PRIME Minister has ever received EVER?

Did I do that right?

42 Likes

Yeah, you did it so good. It was unbelievable. Everyone is saying so. No one has ever seen a post that good.

41 Likes

Now I wonder if Scotland is going to become it’s own country as a result of this.

19 Likes

robbie BOO-urns, robbie BOO-urns!

10 Likes

Despite Braveheart’s Hollywood interpretation of the Battle of Stirling Bridge being a bunch of hoo-ha, I still think the raised-kilt greeting would have been appropriate.

16 Likes

It was the HUGEST!

3 Likes
16 Likes

It’s been confirmed that he left by the back door too. Couldn’t face more booing.

Oh dear :roll_eyes:

25 Likes

“Ya feecking cooont!”, I heard that too. Whatever does it mean???

26 Likes

We’ll have his head as our football soon enough. He’ll balls up this Brexit, we’ll secede from the UK, they’ll have another of their nancy little civil wars, he’ll flee up here to live in exile on one of Trump’s golf courses, we’ll have a few tins and do what comes naturally.

Okay, I’ve only been to Scotland once (and it was only around Edinburgh) but this article made me laugh pretty hard.

12 Likes

Quite possible. I assume that they would join the Commonwealth and try to join the EU.

8 Likes

And, depending on the participants, fun.

1 Like

Alba gu bràth.

6 Likes

Yep. And Boris’ “no backstop” will scuttle the Good Friday Accords and lead to a United Ireland. Boris’ and Brexit will turn the UK into Little Britain.

14 Likes

And the EU countries might happily let them in just to spite Little Britain

10 Likes

16 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

Literally. Because nice guys are loved and respected.

8 Likes

You’d think that somewhere on the 'net I’d be able to readily find that clip from Carry On Up The Khyber, when I need it. But no.

The moment may have pased, but 2 or 3 hours later (and thanks to @TamsinBailey for hunting it down) this will take you to that clip if you are too young or too un-steeped in British culture of yesteryear to be aware of what I’m referring to. It takes a while to load.

5 Likes