New xkcd game--unpopular opinions

name a movie that . . .

1. you genuinely like (not, so bad it’s good).
  2. came out in your adult life post 2000.
  3. is rated below 50% on rotten tomatoes.

for myself, i give you “national treasure”
46%

9 Likes

Postal from 2007

Rotten tomatometer, 7% Critics, 34% Audience.

It is an insane mess. It quickly passes “so bad it’s good”, into Bad territory and makes a full trip back around by the time it is done to Good.

To really fully enjoy it, you have to be aware of the backstory of the filmmaker and have played the games. A guy who makes intentionally bad movies, and a game that is intentionally offensive in every way it can think of.

2 Likes

Is there a website where I can do some sort of advanced search to find low-scoring movies made since 2000? I can’t seem to find one…

I truly enjoyed the Last Jedi. And it’s got an audience score of 44%

10 Likes
2 Likes

42%
I will watch anything with Sandra Bullock in.
Maybe not twice…

5 Likes

The Big Year (2011)”: 41% tomatometer, 40% audience.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)” with 51% tomatometer nearly made it.

2 Likes

I will have to second Last Jedi. I liked it a lot.
There is probably something else but I tend to forget there are movies I have seen.

7 Likes

Unless I’m missing something, imdb does NOT let you filter by rotten tomatoes score.

1 Like

No, but you can filter by IMDB score, and that gets you a list of candidates to look for on RottenTomatoes. Like as not, in the ballpark.

The closest I have found for me is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, but it’s at 56% so it doesn’t quite qualify.

3 Likes

Bad Boys II
60c88481-5d8f-43d2-8fee-290fa617168d_text

6 Likes

I realized that John Carter may work but alas 52% and 60%.
I really enjoyed that one.

ETA I found one. Van Helsing at 24%. I mean yes it is an awful film but the way it just goes completely off the rails with the crazy really made it a lot of fun for me.

6 Likes

That’s freaking ridiculous when you consider The Phantom Menace got an audience score of 59%.

5 Likes

Toxic fandom. They expected there to be some kind of triumph at the end of the second act. They got their fee-fees hurt by the mean purple hair lady. She made their peepees feel small.

9 Likes

It took me a minute, because most of the flicks I like with less than 50% on RT came out while I was an adult but before 2000:

Jennifer’s Body, 2009 44%

I watched it expecting it to be horrible and was surprised by how engaging and atypical it was for a horror-comedy movie.

Oh, and I also saw the Last Jedi in the theater and really liked it; fucking butthurt fanboys…

8 Likes

Honestly I liked it, but in general my experience with the fandom has put me off of the franchise a bit.

3 Likes

Oh heck yeah, Van Helsing is some grade-A awesome garbage, and the soundtrack is great.

Still the best-looking werewolves in film too, IMO.

1 Like

kIbUEIL

1 Like

Troma fans have it easy.
Class of Nuke Em High - Critics 20% audience 49%
Redneck Zombies - no results found

3 Likes