New York City seizes 46 ice cream trucks

I only saw the trucks in big cities, everywhere else i saw push carts like this (which was more common)

3 Likes

DeBlasio’s presidential campaign seems to be lacking traction, to put it mildly.

I suggest a new campaign slogan.

“VOTE FOR THE MAN WHO GOT THE ICE CREAM TRUCKS OFF THE STREETS!”

1 Like

There are those, too. We even have a guy who walks his cart around blowing on one of those wooden whistles that sounds like an old steam engine whistle. I still have no idea what he sells, though.

1 Like

Weed? :smiley: :maple_leaf:

1 Like

Don’t I wish…?

2 Likes

Well, that’s a nice cynical take and it may well be true.

Another possible reason is that for most of those ten years, the usual enforcement action was generally keeping a lid on things.

Another one is that if someone is willing to play shell company three card monte to get out of their parking tickets, it actually works - to a point.

Working your way through the thicket of shell companies, tracing your way back to the true owner, showing that the corporations and/or the ‘sale’ transactions are shams takes time and costs money. Lots of money. It’s something a city is only going to do when there is a lot of money at stake.

Important lesson to take away - just because the authorities or the bank are not currently knocking on your door demanding money does not mean they’ve forgotten about it.

They may just be quietly totting up the accumulating total, waiting for the stars to come right…

The court filing setting out the City’s claim is here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.