New York City seizes 46 ice cream trucks

I had delicious cucumber ice cream once. Some things are interesting if served in another form.

Other things, like parking tickets - not so much.

6 Likes

Uh, so Gary Larson was an anti-vaxxer?

1 Like

This is good. It’s unfortunate though that NYC can’t cash in on the tens of millions of dollars in traffic fines owed by foreign diplomats there.

2 Likes

Savory ice cream, yum. Cucumber sounds wonderful, how about cucumber sorbet? Mm yum.

As to the parking tickets, although I can’t imagine practical parking tickets made out of ice cream, I can imagine parking tickets made out of some other foodstuff, say hard candy, which can be manufactured at home in a convenient ready-to-inkjet format.

Full disclosure, I am standing on the shoulders of giants here — namely Walt Kelly, Pogo, and Edible Money:

6 Likes

Or maybe a pro-vaxxer imagining an anti-vaxx neighbourhood?

5 Likes

Of course, Julian Assange is facing 5 years of parking fines for that car he left outside the Ecuadorian Embassy; plus the congestion charges on top of that.

5 Likes

The punch line really has an aftertaste. I think I need a drink now. On the rocks.

ETA: any Cuban estate rum, some key lime, and mint? I need a heming way out of here. I’ve got a crush on that ice, already.

4 Likes

Salt and straw has a lot of weird flavors. Black olive and goat cheese is actually good. No liver and wood as far as I can see though. https://saltandstraw.com/flavor/sweet-corn-waffle-cones/

4 Likes

They just melted away?

8 Likes

First they came for the ice cream trucks, and I did not speak out, because I did not eat ice cream.

Then they came for the water ice trucks, and there was no one left to speak for me.

7 Likes

Don’t try and seize this one, you’ll get some pushback.

26%20PM

5 Likes
3 Likes

Frozen grits? Mmmmm Mmmm

3 Likes
5 Likes

Ya’ll are laughing about alternatives to the ice cream truck, but here inTijuana we have cars driving around with old megaphone speakers attached to the roof peddling a few kinds of Mexican staples like tortillas, peanuts, and tamales. And once in a while, there is an ice cream truck.

6 Likes

Nice film.

5 Likes

Bill Forsyth and Bill Paterson; a match made in heaven.

4 Likes

tumblr_m2yc8glT8c1qbycn1o1_500

4 Likes

Then there is this truck, whose wares are now perfectly legal in several states

7 Likes

25fc2135b61732ca0add6c6b03dff625

5 Likes