New York hospital treating patient who may have Ebola

There are a number of tropical RNA virus hemorrhagic fevers which can either run their course as a nonfatal flu-like illness or go the full-blown hemorrhagic fever route. In most of these diseases, swift deadly systemic organ failure only hits a few percent of the patients. Ebola seems to run the severe course more often.

1 Like

@thatspecial, Iā€™d say weā€™re right about here:

2 Likes

I wonder if hysterical Ebola is a thing yet? Likeā€¦ what if people start showing up with the symptoms just from too much scary TV?

2 Likes

There was a guy in Saskatchewan back in March that was a very similar case. Heā€™d gone to West Africa and was really sick when he got back. He tested negative.

District of Columbia, Columbians?

That would have to be damn scary tv to make you piss blood.

2 Likes

Then I hope you never watch Jersey Shore.

I think weā€™re on hysterical Ebola at the moment - if we count all human life as equally valuable.

The total number of lab confirmed+suspected cases in the current outbreak stands at about 1100 - by comparison, snakes bites and venomous creatures kill 4500 people a month worldwide, Malaria kills 3200 a day, Diarrhoea kills 4000 a dayā€¦

The disease is spreading because the communities where people are infected donā€™t have the heart, or trust in the health system, to turn their afflicted loved ones over for quarantine. Caring for the infected, and burying the deceased with customary rites (as opposed to cremation) pose significant risks of infection.

1 Like

Who may have Ebola? I think it is premature to be reporting this at all to the public. This is nothing but sensationalism. The person probably doesnā€™t even have it. Anyways it is only matter of time before somebody comes back from their travels with Ebola or some other dangerous disease and spreads it to others. Air travel and overpopulation are the perfect mix for a pandemic.

Probably Japanese horror, because holy cow!

Wouldnā€™t that be Bollywood?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.