New York Times prints 'I'm fucked' on front page šŸ˜±

It needs a Downfall parody video.

4 Likes

^ Thats better.

For people who donā€™t get the reference.

4 Likes

True. Especially since Mueller has such a reputation for professionalism.

In general, though, that should be the response of anyone who finds out theyā€™re being specifically investigated by a federal prosecutor, whether they have something in particular to hide or not. There are just so may things that are technically illegal that if youā€™re not the president, thereā€™s definitely something they can indict and probably convict you for.

You mean like just a clip from Downfall?

2 Likes

And especially especially because heā€™s the president, and thus virtually untouchable unless heā€™s done something pretty heinous (and maybe not even then). Plus, the investigation wasnā€™t even targeting him - it was about the hacking. On top of which, heā€™s been doing crimes all his life and blithely being able to avoid the consequences, so heā€™s gotten pretty blasĆ© about it. So I really have to wonder just what he was thinking of that rendered him so ā€œfuckedā€ - presumably it was something to do with his attempts to conspire with foreign governments.

5 Likes

Should be Wikipedia rules: if itā€™s a direct quote, you use the exact language, no matter what.

2 Likes

I fucking buy that.

If thereā€™s an article on hecep, Iā€™ll make sure to put this quote in, citation: boingboing.

3 Likes

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

The context makes it worse, not better. The Attorney General is supposed to protect him? WTF happened to ā€œuphold the law and the Constitiution of the United States?ā€

Well he found the right weasel - I mean, guy - for that job in Barr, thatā€™s for sure. Barr is perfectly ok wiping his ass with the Constitution.

5 Likes

4 Likes

In 2018, Trump made it acceptable for a political figure to use the word ā€œshitholeā€ in public. Now, everyoneā€™s using it. Now, because of him, the New York Times gets to print ā€œfuckā€ on the front page. As Kurt Vonnegut might have said, ā€œSo it goes.ā€

2 Likes

4 Likes

will it be the frake news

Wonderful. So letā€™s f*ck him already and stop just talking about it!!!

and yet everyone in power is resisting starting impeachment

watch Maddowā€™s opening segment last night to understand why the attempt to obstruct justice is so freaking crystal clear with firing Sessions - all but a recording of the incident (if only)

1 Like

fudge

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is the first time or not but I was a bit taken aback that trump used the word ā€œbullshitā€ in writing:

1 Like

Stay classy, The Donald. Stay classy.

2 Likes

Who wants to like my comment on a blog post that puts in context of US media etiquette the twitter reactions on a newspaper quoting from a legal report quoting what someone wrote down as a spontaneous remark of a highly derivative president?