New Yorkers *just* missing the subway

It would have been nice if they had maintained it though.

http://www.wmata.com/rail/safetrack.cfm

Did you haters watch the video? Half the people made the train, in many cases by almost missing it and then the door opened up again (usually because something is stuck somewhere). The real title is “vs the subway” and, sure enough, just enough people come down the stairs too late as have it shut in their face.

New York is unique in that the subway, and its switching system, is old enough that the system doesn’t know where its trains are. Most lines don’t even have countdown clocks, let alone an app. Here, read more about it:

4 Likes

without this I would do no sports at all

2 Likes

I feel like youtube is offering some subtle commentary on our lives. (if this makes no sense whatsoever, look through my earlier comments today)

Just missed the subway? No matter when you have one of these!

(OK, maybe not in Manhattan traffic)

Hats off to the people who went brave and jammed themselves in the door, to come through for the win.

We live in a country filled with lawyers–it’s a safe bet it’s not going to chop you in half!

what I would like to know… why is it the train i am waiting for is ALWAYS without fail the LAST to come?

Are you feeling disappointed? Enough to start calling people names?

I never stick a body part into the closing doors. I always imagine those rubber edges would leave a mark on me. Anyway, conductors’ jobs are hard enough.

Rolls Royce is simply absurd. can’t even imagine the psychological profile of their target customers.

Specifically Rolls? New ones range from $300K to $420K MSRP or thereabouts, but a Lamborghini is just about the same price range, and a Bentley is about $200K. A McLaren lists at around $350K. Are those equally incomprehensible, or is it only the Rolls that makes your head tilt sideways in bewilderment?

All walks of life, same expression. Humanity.

those too, and it’s more revulsion than bewilderment.

I was referring to your statement that you can’t imagine the target audience’s psychological profile. I suspect now that you were engaging in hyperbole. And to me, reacting to someone’s disgust at conspicious consumption isn’t nearly as much fun as trying to actually figure out the target audience profile. Oh well.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.